• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Name: Eloise Vaughn
Date/Time: 1 May 2050 - 11:05 A.M.
Power: Teleportation
Tagging: Twist Twist
Mentioning: N/A

Down the ruby ribbons fell into the shower drain. The grim remnants of what Eloise committed the night before will be forever lost, but blood will always stain her porcelain hands.

Eloise stood in the hotel room wearing a fresh pair of clothes. Her choice of clothing never misses a beat with her personality, and it greatly contrasted with the plain decor of the room- with nothing but her soiled clothes wrapped in a plastic bag and her duffel sitting beneath an armchair in the corner of the room. Eloise’s lips were stretched with satisfaction while she rubbed a towel in her long tresses of hair. The maids won’t be able to find this one, she mused. There was no possible way they would find Eloise’s newly placed gum. She strategically stuck it in the battery socket of the television remote.

Eloise tossed her towel at the armchair upon hearing knocks at the door. Suspicious of who it could be, she sauntered over to see. It was none other than Zenith- another Witch that Eloise had run into on numerous occasions. Despite this, they were far from being friends. Eloise voiced out a laugh and forced a smile to match his. “And how is it you always manage to find me, slime boy?”

Slime boy was just a nickname she referred to him as- mainly because it was difficult to shake him off your tracks. As for her question, it was an obvious rhetorical question for the white-haired female already knew how Zenith could've found her. She was well-aware of his powers- just like the White Turtle and many other cults who kept an interest in him. Getting away from him would be a handful, Eloise thought while she backed away from the door. She left the door ajar as an invitation and returned to the comfort of her room. It was mainly to escape the maids’ wandering eyes since she wasn’t exactly paying for her stay, after all. Eloise stayed conscious of the baggage underneath the armchair as she moved around the room. There was already a place she could transfer to in mind in any case Zenith were to try anything. She promptly took a seat at the edge of the bed, "Have you gone bored, slime boy? Has the White Turtle not given you enough to do?”

Eloise crossed her legs; her posture seemed relaxed, but caution slithered beneath her skin like snakes. "Unless, of course, they've grown bored of you," she guessed with a sly grin.

coollogo_com-8171413.png
Name: Bonbinette Vonkarma|Èclat
Date/Time: 1 May 2050, 11:10 PM
Type: Esper.
Power: Psychic Lightning Generation.
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight | Wolfram/Wolfhound
Mentioning: Jett, Mia

"Woooh!! That's what I'm talkin' about!"

Bon stretched her arms up into the roof with a victorious expression once she had finished writing the report, sighing almost instantly after she dropped her limbs down and looked at the screen in front of her. Even though Wolfram was practically screaming and stuttering to the air as he worked out beside the redhead, Bon was able to make rather decently-lengthy paragraphs describing the smell and assumptions coming from this. Though this report was definitely longer than her usual ones, content-wise they were completely different, which made the redhead have fun despite it all.

"Pheeew~...I'm tired." She exhaled once again, closing her eyes and nodding to herself at this. Even though she wasn't working her muscles like her companion here, writing still takes a toll on her mentally. It was only the cherry on top as well that her sugar rush was making her crash. Slowly getting up from her seat, she placed the keyboard back into its place and laughed at the memory of Wolfram trying to remember stuff as he lifted the weights. "Pretty smart of ya' to work out here~! Now both cha' body and memory got their exercise!" She laughed, patting down the man's sweaty back and paying no mind to this. "Report is done, chief! Yawn~ Took a toll on me, though~ I'm gonna go sleep..." She chuckled softly as she spoke, rubbing one of her eyes as she looked at the man. She was more than glad to have met and helped him, but soon her sugar crash would make her pass out anywhere she was at, so she had to hurry and go back to her dorm.

Stretching once again, she started to walk towards the exit of the break room, a smile being kept on her face as she turned around to look at the green haired man. A slight blush appeared from her cheeks as she remembered who she was with exactly, along with meeting Mia and Jett as well. It was one hell of a night. She made a playful salute at Wolfram and grinned, winking at him cheerfully. "Good luck with the rest of ya' work out, Wolfy! Seeing ya' makes me want my fluffy bed and lazy around my room, though~ And I'll do exactly that!" She joked once again to then proceed to leave the room, only for her head to peek inside shortly after and smile at him.

"Bonne nuit!" She wished him goodnight and left for real this one. Though she was feeling tired, she still seemed as energetic as ever, especially after the hell-of-a-ride she had tonight having met more than half of her idols. Maybe in the end it would be hard for Bon to calm down and sleep...until her sugar crash hits her. But until then, the redhead hoped to this time find the dorm a lot quicker unless she wanted to sleep on the hallway.​

Name: Zenith (Hugh)
Date/Time:
1 May 2050 11: 10 am
Type: Witch
Power: Highlighting
Tagging: nios nios

Zenith ignored the insult as he entered the room, closing the door behind him as he rested on it and sliding the lock in place behind his back as the irresistible interloper sat on the bed. The pretty ones always played hard to get after all. "Have you got bored, slime boy? Has the White Turtle not given you enough to do?..... Unless, of course, they've grown bored of you."

A grin crossed her face with that little jab at the delinquent detective. He didn't mind though as she looked rather pretty with a smile but it did make him think though. Did she know his contact hadn't shown up? Or it was just a guess? But then again she was smart as well as beautiful. She would have to be to give him competition. So maybe she did know which would mean she was working for the White Turtle or maybe she's the reason why his contact never showed and this was some sort of play by one of the other gangs. Hiring the Phantom would be a smart move. He looked at the duffel bag beneath the chair, his pen technique still in effect, with even more interest now.

"No one gets bored with me love. I'm the best of the best, you'd know that if you spent a little more time with me. A night or two would do or maybe a long weekend" he retorted with a wink.

"Still you haven't answered my question. So unless your here to see me, which of course is a very valid reason and the top answer in this little quiz..." He moved across the room as he spoke, stopping as he sat on the armchair, the duffel bag between his feet "...What are you doing here and what's in the bag?"

Last edited:
sectar.regular.png

Name: Wolfram Schwarz
Date/Time: 2 May 2050, 08:00AM
Type: Esper
Power: Clairalience
Tagging: Open
Mentioning: Bill

almendra.regular.png

It was 0800, the next day. Cauldron City Police (CCP) were parked around an empty lot where an entire apartment complex had vanished. A few planks of wood, sheets of crumpled vinyl flooring, and other debris was on the ground. Water pipes protruded from the ground like steel straws. The situation was strange. It appeared as though the building had been picked up and carried away with all of the residents inside. There were some residents standing outside who hadn’t been within the building when it vanished. They were making their distressed statements to police.

“My dog Bagels was in there! Where did the apartment go? Was it blown up!?” a lady screamed.

The officer held out his hand to try and calm the woman, “Ma’am; we are trying to figure out what happened, and you can help us do that if you calm down.”

“How are you going to get my dog back?”

Across the street from the bustling block, Wolfram was seated in the driver’s seat of a black SUV with cover plates. He watched through the tinted passenger seat window as the cops swarmed the site like roaches. He was annoyed that they had managed to beat Séance to the scene. They were going to contaminate everything! They should have known that it was way out of their league.

Inhaling deeply through his nostrils, Wolfram loudly sighed out his frustrations before filling his mouth with a ham, egg, and cheese croissant from Burger Kingdom. It wasn’t a healthy lunch like he would prefer, but he wasn’t expecting to receive a call early in the morning from Bill. All of the agents were woken up by Bill if they weren’t awake already. Wolfram had the government vehicle, [and any other agents who want to be included within it]. While he chewed the sandwich, he grasped a shaky cup of protein shake and used it to wash down the breakfast meal.

“I’m gonna go back to sleep. Wake me up when it’s over,” Wolfram grumbled. He returned his drink to the cup holder and reached down to his side to grab the lever of his chair to tilt it back before sinking comfortably into the seat. He returned the sandwich to his mouth, his cheeks inflating with the remains as he closed his eyes and munched away at it.

coollogo_com-8171413.png
Date/Time: 2 May 2050, 8:00AM
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight | Wolfram. Goonfire Goonfire | Jett.
Mentioning: Bill, and CPP

"Hnng..."

A sleepy groan was let out from her closed mouth, a bored expression planted on her face and an impatient feeling growing from withing her. As it was expected, the girl had little to no sleep last night from a variety of factors, but most of it being drinking coffee with god knows how much sugar so late at night. The little sleep she had gotten was interrupted by a voice message from her boss Bill telling her and fellow coworkers to get to the place of the incident. Bon had done her best to stall time by taking her sweet time to get ready, but didn't want to make her fellow partners wait much even if in reality she wanted to stay in bed and sleep until late afternoon. At least she had the opportunity to be with Wolfy and Jetty, which she certainly didn't mind...if it wasn't for the fact that they were doing nothing other than sitting down.

"I'm so bored..." She quietly complained to the air as her head rested against the tinted window of the backseat, being behind the driver's seat who was occupied by Wolfram. Her eyes looking out to a convenience store in awe, as she ate her sausage, cheese and egg biscuit from Burger Kingdom to fill her up with energy, but she definitely needed an energy drink. 'I'd enjoy some snacks too...' She sighed from her nostrils, moving her vision from her window to the one across her, now seeing the commotion that both the CPP and the surviving residents were causing, and it wasn't for nothing. An entire apartment complex kind of just took off and flew away, after all! Bon was internally dying to go out and inspect the scene, but CPP had somehow gotten there before, and they were supposed to stay put until they were gone.

Wolfram had exclaimed that he was going to sleep and even leaned down his chair to be comfortable and shut down his eyes, at which Bon pouted from jealousy. 'I wanna do that too, ya' know?' She internally complained, crossing her arms together. Even though she was incredibly tired and sleep-deprived, she had to maintain a more positive mentality. She was already with Jett and Wolfy, so might as well have some fun! Her bored expression changed to one with mischievous intentions, and took advantage of the fact that her legs were under the lowered seat to hit them up against it, hopefully with tormenting Wolfram from sleeping on the job by making the seat bounce. "Yo'! If we can't sleep than neither can you, okay? No fair at all, Wolfy. Think of our feelings too~!" She dramatically said, giving him a teasing smirk before munching on the last of her sandwich. She was still hungry. Maybe she should've ordered two of them instead of only one, but she needed to watch her weight.

Stretching her arms once she was done messing around with the green-haired, she leaned towards where Jett was and looked at him, and then to his equipment. Her head tilted to a side in curiosity, wishing that she could hear what they were saying outside the vehicle as well. With her index finger she started to poke the purple haired's arm in order to get his attention. "So...What are the news so far, chief?" She asked while looking out at the window, wondering what the CPP were theorizing or what the public was saying. A yawn escaped from her mouth, but she couldn't sleep around! Unlike someone else here. Her eyes looked at Wolfram for a moment as she thought of this, and then back to Jett's direction. "Anything interesting happening~? I wanna get out of this car soon!"

C2587405-E126-48BB-9A6F-C43CC8EE2DCE.png
Name: Jett Heffernan
Date/Time: 2 May 2050, 8:00 AM
Power: Extrasensory Combat
Tagging: Wolfram ( The Black Knight The Black Knight ), Bonbinette ( Mera Mera )

Amidst the half-hearted complaining, Jett was sitting quietly next to the tinted back window, wearing noise-canceling headphones. Instead of his phone, they were plugged into a parabolic ear. With the window open slightly, he was doing his best to discreetly eavesdrop on the police officers.29934D87-F409-486B-91A6-22C50289E0FB.jpeg

“Aw, some lady lost her dog,” Jett reported, biting his lower lip lightly to illustrate a pained look. “Other than that, seems like a whole lot of nothing. They’re trying to defuse things. Those residents out there are frantic, not that I can blame ‘em.” He watched the other cops comb through the premises and put up yellow tape around the area. The thought of them lifting any physical evidence from the scene made him cringe in disgust. To keep himself occupied, he slipped Bon a piece of his hash brown patty and muttered, “Man, I know how you feel. To think, I once had to walk around the historical district about twenty times in two days following a bad lead. Now I wanna stretch my legs, for the first time in about six months.”

Overall, the first responders stayed for about thirty minutes more, or so Jett guessed; he had lost track after roughly ten. The minutes simply started to melt together. “About time. Go on,” he quipped, signaling go-time was approaching.

Last edited:
sectar.regular.png

Tagging: Mera Mera Goonfire Goonfire
Mentioning: None.

Wolfram felt Bon’s feet kicking the back of his chair, causing him to jostle a little. A low and whiny moan of irritation escaped him as he stubbornly pretended to sleep. When Bon stopped, he felt relieved that someone or something had taken her attention away from him. He really wasn’t an early riser, and any few minutes of extra sleep he could get, he relished. Nonetheless, he still found himself listening to the others in the van.

Anything interesting happening~? I wanna get out of this car soon!

We should have put her in the trunk, Wolfram mused. Who knew the new blood would be so hyperactive? Then again, this was her first mission. It was just a shame that it was going to suck because the cops got to it before them.

Aw, some lady lost her dog.

“Boohoo,” Wolfram muttered insensitively.

Other than that, seems like a whole lot of nothing. They’re trying to defuse things. Those residents out there are frantic, not that I can blame’em.

Wolfram shifted his torso about in his chair as he nuzzled the back of his head against his crossed arms. “I will say this much. I am glad the cops arrived to handle the bystanders. I wouldn’t have wanted to deal with them.”

When the van fell silent, Wolfram had finally dozed off. His arms unfolded from behind his head to rest crossed in his lap, and his head was tipped to the side as he softly snored away. He hadn’t even heard Jett informing them that it was about time to go. After staying up late, dealing with that report and working out, he still felt exhausted.

GM Note: The Apartment looks as though it might have just lifted off the ground and flew away. To the cops, they thought the apartment might have vanished by inexplainable means. Some claim terrorists or some new secret weapon being used by a foreign power. The cops collected some of the rubble left behind, took pictures, and taped off the sight so that they could conduct further analysis on it. The Séance gang should avoid being seen entering the site by police or whistleblowers.

coollogo_com-8171413.png
Date/Time: 2 May 2050, 8:00AM
Tagging: The Black Knight The Black Knight | Wolfram. Frozen Frozen Thyme| Jett.

Bon's face changed from a curious one to one of a worrisome one immediately after Jett had announced the news so far, and the most notable to the redhead was of the poor lady losing her dog. "Ehhh? Poor dog! Now we definitely have to find that apartment!" She exclaimed, looking past Jett to see the outside once again, trying to guess which one was the one with the lost pet. Though, her worried thoughts soon were wiped away by the kind offer of a piece of hash brow patty from her partner, at which the redhead only blinked a couple of times in surprise and then took it with a sparkle in her eyes. "Thank ya', Jetty~!" She exclaimed in glee, taking the piece of food into her mouth and tasting it as if it was the last meal she'd ever have.

After Jett had started to speak of his story, Bon's legs somehow started to ache, to which Bon just cringed a bit at the thought of being in his shoes.
"Argh! That sounds awful, ugh! Even my legs are starting to ache~" She laughed as she patted her legs, though she was pretty impressed by this. The thought of going around in a giant circle for about 20 times would be something that probably the redhead wouldn't even try to do! 'Ahh~ I'm around great agents~!' She thought in glee.

Soon, Wolfram had sarcastically wailed for the dog, at which Bon pouted, but soon grew a teasing smile. "Ehhh? Wolfy, ya' should be worried! It's one of your comrades, after all~" She laughed a bit as she teased the guy, though maybe at this point he was asleep. A few minutes passed by in silence, Jett had told them that it was time to leave, to which Bon completely light up in excitement, almost like a kid about to get off to be in an amusement park. "Ugh. Finally! I was dying here. Let's check it out!" She opened the door of the car in glee, quickly getting out of the small space and taking a whiff of fresh air once she was completely outside. She felt a lot better and pumped now!

Looking back at Jett, she tilted her head a bit and smiled, giving him a salutation gesture.
"Aight, Chief! I'm pretty new here, so I have no clue what to do~! I wanna go straight to the scene, but I know we can't do that, hahah~!" She chuckled at herself, hitting her head a little bit playfully. She had noticed Wolfy had fallen asleep, but she didn't want to bother him anymore, so she just let him be.

Nightshade logo 1.png
Name: Jett Heffernan
Date/Time: 2 May 2050, 8:30 AM
Power: Extrasensory Combat
Tagging: Wolfram ( The Black Knight The Black Knight ), Bonbinette ( Mera Mera )

Those few persistent cops would prove to be a nuisance to the Séance crew. Jett stalled for a moment, discreetly observing. “Mhm... Now is when I wish we invested more in disguises. I'll have to give a wide berth,” he complained quietly. “We could always pretend to be Jehovah’s Witnesses. That would clear the area fast!” His eyes narrowed as a flash of brilliance hit him. He fished around in the SUV for various items, retrieving a clipboard, miscellaneous papers with no connection to Séance, a notebook, and a pen. He folded a few pieces of paper into thirds.

Throwing it all together, Jett turned to his two allies. “You see, if you look the part, people ask fewer questions. Carrying this junk, I look like a door-to-door salesman. Just don’t get close enough to tip off an alert person, and you’ll avoid suspicion. Social engineering 101!” He flashed a wide grin and closed the car door. “I’ll try to find a better point of entry.”

While pretending to glance over the phony flyers, he started walking up the street with purpose, as though he had somewhere to be other than the crime scene. “Still too many blues working 76th,” he reported through his earpiece. His path took him to an alley connecting Balk Avenue and Tunney Street. From there, he circled around the premises and noted everything—holes in the fences, gates, and the garages for the missing building. “Alright, Wolfy, where do you wanna be positioned for a good sniff?”

Name: Zenith (Hugh)
Date/Time:
1 May 2050 11: 15 am
Type: Witch
Power: Highlighting
Tagging: nios nios

Eloise let out a sigh as she got off the bed and approached Zenith who was still waiting for an answer from the doll like desperado. But as she approached the quick-witted quiz master and leaned over in front of him, Hugh's mind as well as his eyes forget all about the duffel bag beneath his chair. "Do you really want to know what's in the bag that badly?" asked Eloise, drawing her finger up the distracted delinquent's neck reclaiming his attention.

Hugh merely nodded as he gazed into the Phantoms ruby eyes. "Pity"

Hugh felt a prick of pain on his neck as the soft feel of delicate fingers was replaced by cold metal. He tried to look down but was warned off it. "I wouldn't move if I was you, slime boy. Right now I have my scalpel on your carotid artery so please don't make any sudden movements. I've already had enough blood on me today."

Zenith was now at the mercy of his alluring assailant, his powers rendered useless as all he could see was her and glimmers of the ceiling, not enough for him to work with even though his blood was pumping into all his extremities. Death by beautiful woman, not a bad way to go.

"Still... you have your uses" Eloise mused "And I have places to be today so I'll let you off with a warning today."

The cocky captive felt the scalpel's edge being removed from his neck, her face still inches away from his. "Don't go sticking your nose where it doesn't belong Slime boy"

In the corner of his eye, Zenith saw the Phantoms hand move and before he could even react, his vision grew blurry as his neck was awash with pain before finally falling unconscious.

(Sorry nios nios , hope you don't mind.)

Last edited:
sectar.regular.png

Location: Inside Gov Vehicle to alley where everyone else is, Cauldron City
Tagging: Mera Mera Goonfire Goonfire and Bill
Mentioning: None.

The van was quiet and completely still after the two other agents left. Wolfram had sunk briefly into a deep sleep until a cell phone went off. The ringtone was of a dramatic choir singing what could only be the coming of a great calamity or apocalypse. It was worse. It was his boss. Wolfram’s eyelids fluttered open and his body tensed when he realized who was calling him. Bringing his hand to his face to wipe at his eyes, the agent moaned, “Oh my god, I can’t get a break.”

Leaning to one hip, Wolfram removed his cell phone and slid his finger across the screen to answer the call. “Yeah?” he answered.

A heavily-southern and angry voice exploded over the phone, “YEAH? Don’t yeah me! Who tha’ hell do you think yer talkin’ to yer mommy?”

Wolfram held the phone away from his ear and irritably narrowed his eyes. You could fit the part…, he thought.

“You must think I’m an idiot! No! No way! I refuse to believe it!”

Wolfram wiped at his eyes again and muttered, “Believe what?”

“That you wrote this report. This is the best dang report I’ve read since I got this job! Therefore, I know it’s copyright! You stole it from somebody or you had someone write it for ya! It was the new girl, wasn’t it? You got the new girl to write yer report because yer too much of a lazy, illiterate sack of shit to write it yer dang self!”

Wolfram glared at the steering wheel and slowly licked his lips, folding them back into his mouth. He wanted to say something, but he didn’t know what to say. Bill had figured him out like an experienced investigator or a boss who knew his employees well.

“You didn’t think I’d figure that out, huh? You ain’t got shit ta’ say cuz’ y’know I’m right! Yer writin’ this next one and you ain’t gonna ask New Girl for help! With all that workin’ out you do, I can’t believe how much of a slack-ass you are! If it wasn’t for that nose of yers, you’d be fired! Wait…what? What is he doin’? Yer sittin’ in the van!?”

Wolfram’s eyes opened wide in shock and he sat up in his seat. “What the…”

“Kissy says everybody’s workin’ and yer sleepin’ on the job!”

Wolfram started looking around the interior of the van. “That fucking fairy dragon is here?” he whispered under his breath.

“’Course she is, especially after this report you sent. I had to see if you were puttin’ our new recruit through anymore abuse.”

Wolfram’s face flushed red as he angrily yelled, “She wanted to write it! She was happy to so I gave her a chance! It was her first report, and I wanted to see how good she writes. How was I supposed to know she writes so fucking good? So she’s a good report writer. Now we know. You’re welcome!”

“Wolf…get yer ass out there before I suspend you.”

Bill hung up the phone and Wolfram sucked his teeth. He then frowned over to the passenger seat, and then behind his chair at the back. “Fucking tattletale,” he seemingly said to no one but he was talking to Kissy if she was still present.

Wolfram opened the driver’s side door, stepped out, and slammed it closed behind him. He then pulled his hood over his head and dunked his hands into his pockets as he followed where the rest of the group went. He listened to Jett’s voice through the earpiece until he found him and Bon. “The site is probably already fucked. My nose will probably pick up everything,” he reported.

Despite his complaining, he still walked passed Jett and Bon, walking to the end of the building. He took a knee at the corner and sighed. “This is gonna suck. There are so many sensors. I’ll try to focus on just that area.”

Wolfram set his hand upon the concrete and leaned down. His eyes closed and his green brows converged on his forehead. Bowing his head some, his nostrils flared as he inhaled deeply through them. Immediately, electrical figures flooded his mind. He could smell the exhaust from vehicles, cigarette smoke, trash, cat piss, concrete and many other putrid things. His face scrunched up with the difficulty of trying to search further to the scene next door. There were several people there and everywhere. His brain was starting to ache. Baring his teeth, he reported before he lost the image, “It’s there. Everything is there. Nothing is missing!”

Wolfram finally pushed the air out of his lungs and the scent from his nostrils on a desperate gasp. His hands went to grasp his skull as his veins bulged like plant roots across it. He kept his eyes closed as he folded over, trying to soothe his headache. He repeated, “I couldn’t smell anything unusual. Everything’s there. Everything’s everywhere.”

After taking a few recuperating breaths, Wolfram shared his suspicions, “You think it’s an illusion? Maybe the building’s still there and hasn’t left, but why? Is someone trying to hide? Or trying to hide something?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back