• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A "Game" of Power.

Drake Makilian

Dragon of anything really.
In this "game" of power, you strive to be the most powerful among anything that ever lives. You start off as a lowly power, with no form, at the bottom, class 0. You have to earn your way up to the top, fighting your way there, earning your powers, and earning your forms. Earning your way to the top, is the only way.

However, that may change. Emotions are persistent and will get in your way for power. Happiness, sadness, and love are the three most persistent forces against you. Try to feel as void as possible with your actions and they won't get in your way.

Now I will describe the magics, powers, and layout of the existence you will be in.

MAGICS

This will follow a rather basic elemental status, where you will choose one element to begin with and stick with it.

There are 6 pure elements, sub-dividing into all other elements that make up the world. Basically, they're normal but these elements are powers themselves keeping the balance inside this existence.

Forgive me for not being creative, but I don't really have time to create an entire elemental system yet. I WILL LATER.

Fire

Water (Female, the only female element.)

Earth

Air

Light

Death

These are the elements (For now) That all magic is based off of.

EXISTENCE

Now then, onto the existence you live in.

There is the void, empty, nothingness, linking all the worlds together.

There are the worlds, linking realms together and each consisting of at least one of the primary races, that there are 6 of.

There are the realms. These are divided up further into dimensions, then universes.

Each of these is ENTIRELY different and every one unique.

PRIMARY RACES

The primary races are 6 races that HAVE to exist for a world to maintain balance, but, is not limited to them in what can exist in the realms. (Again, I'm using the basic races here, this is for writers block as well.)

Dragons

Humans

Elves

Dark elves, (Or drow, or darkbloods, whichever)

Dwarves

Goblins

SECONDARY RACES

There are also secondary races, these can be ANYTHING, anything at all, these are just some examples

Orcs

Lizardmen

Halflings

etc

"CORES"

This is what you will be if you have no form. "Cores" Are spherical orbs of great power. That's about it. They float, and communicate with telepathy, unless of course they are greater than class 5, then they can communicate normally.

RULES and others

1. ALL RPN RULES APPLY
  2. No gming early on, later when you're really powerful though you can, only with those lower than you
  3. First post must be 3 paragraphs
  4. No more than six others, I will be closing this when 7 people are in it, including me.
  5. 1 element at the begining for each person, multiple of the same is allowed though.
  6. Feel free to create your own races and worlds as you move on.
  7. We all start in the same place, but will expand to other places as we move on
  8. Romance can be a thing
  9. You can create up to 2 characters each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those elder dragons, oh how I detest them. It is they who banished me, the ones who have condemned me. They say that what I have been doing is damnable, that I have been dabbling in an ancient and forbidden form of magic, that it is impossible to harness and control. I shall show those fools that they are wrong. After my banishment, I have come up with the solution, the soul. The soul is what tethers me to the world of the dead, it is the reason why one day I must die, but I have found a way, a way to forever live, to cheat death itself. I removed my soul, a rigorous and painful process, it felt as though my whole being was being torn apart, which is what was happening, but at last, I did it. I have removed my soul from my body, at last, I have achieved immortality. I trapped my soul in an object, one that no one must find, for it it was to be destroyed, I shall die. And now, I seek my revenge, to those fools who banished me, to those who have mocked my works. I shall become the ruler of this world, and they shall bow to me, to their god. - From the journal of Kra'azhun'dhaal, the Draco Lich.

He sat in his lair, a dark and detestable cavern. The walls and floor were strewn with the bones of those foolish enough to oppose him. Those who call themselves heroes, who pride themselves in their prowess in fighting and their skills in magic, but in the end, all of them had fallen. No matter how many timed they smite him with their swords. Not matter how many arrows pierces his skin, no matter how much fire scorches his body, in the end, he still killed them. "Is there truly not a warrior strong enough to oppose me? I find these petty second grade "heroes" tiring." He said to himself as he killed yet again another band of would be heroes.

(@Drake Makilian, I have no idea if this is good enough. I just put this so that it would reveal who my character is and what his motives are. Just tell me if it needs revision.)

"Wh...what is yo...your...*cough*... n..name...*cough*...stranger?" Came the feeble voice as life drained from it's body. The voice belonged to an old man, no younger than 60 years of life, who currently had a sword piercing straight through his wrinkled chest with blood dripping down his mouth.

"My name is Dethuniamel Nakana bel'el Dar Marea khal'an Dendrik Dar Sharn. And that sword exploring your chest is Korman The Slayer of Winds. You should have stayed in your pits sinner, this world has too much light for a small void like you to swallow it." Came the reply to the sinner's quesion.

Faster than the sinner could react, the sword shifted 4 inches to the right and tore right through his heart as easily as tearing through silk. He crumpled to the ground, dead before his body could touch the dirt. Emotionless gold eyes stared at the dead body at the ground, a feeling of disgust washing through the body of the creature they belong to.

"Is this what life holds for me now? Pathetic old sinners thinking they can achieve some power?" The High Elf spoke to the empty space around him with a voice just as empty.

"I AM DETHUNIAMEL DAR MAREA DAR SHARN, HEIR OF THE TAR MAREA AND DAR SHARN THRONE. NO MAN OR BEAST CAN STOP ME FROM CLAIMING MY BIRTHRIGHT. I WILL BRING MY CLAN BACK TO POWER, THE LEAST THIS WORLD CAN DO IS GIVE ME A CHALLENGE FOR IT." With this the elf prince sheathed his sword and headed towards the south, a powerful creature lived in a cavern there, hopefully one that can finally test his skills. 
I hope that's right, if it's not please tell me and I'll fix it.

Don't want to seem like I'm asking too many questions here, but I have to know. Are we all going to be partners or friends and if we're going to stick together or is everyone just doing their own thing? Dethunia is currently heading towards Azhun, so if there's danger waiting there for him he will forget the directions slightly and end up somewhere else.

Loreth crouched to the edge of the Cliffside to over look the terrain below, in the distance she could see an area that seemed to be covered in a dark shadowy mist, she could tell whatever lingered there would be a powerful enough foe to test her might in battle, she scooted back and retrieved her Trident.

She looked up to the two companions whom the council insisted she take for her travels, she detested the idea, but if the council makes a decision you try not to argue.

"As my fellow tribesmen I must warn you, where I am heading, a lesser man does not return"

The two, one male one female looked at eachother. "We're with you all the way 'Kotari'"

Ah! She hated the title bestowed upon her after that terrible battle, it means 'Blessed One' in her common tongue.

She did what needed to be done for her people, and she was very good at it. That did not make her a 'blessed one'

Loreth rolled her eyes and set out down the cliff to flat ground path towards the dark lands she saw in the distance

Ashes fell from above, the crimson sky reflecting the flames that raged down below. Warriors dance with the enemies' swords, and arrows glide through the air eager to join them in their battle.

The Dark Elf stood with his hands raised projecting the image of battle as it fills the darkness of the void. He walked through the corporeal souls as they fought, which felt no more difficult to travel through that a small layer of water, until he reached a guillotine. Dried blood chipped away on the aged oak wood and worn away blade like paint; he stared quietly, letting the swords behind him clash and the soldiers do the shouting for him.

In an instant, the bodies of the warriors and mercenaries began to dissipate to the fields behind them, particles of their souls carry away like the ashes in the wind until they finally disappear. Soon everything began to fade, the fires extinguish themselves and the castles reconstruct as though the gods had never inflicted war upon them. Every brick replaced, every field rejuvenated, and every soul released.

The projection was cast back into the elf's hands, the world around him disappears until he is back in the darkness of the Shadow Realm. Just feet away from him lies the Veil, the crossroad between the world of the living and the world of the dead, and he awaits the return of five loved ones, hoping at least one of their souls had been lured by the battle, the place in which they had been executed and where the elf had been dragged away by the heavily armored authorities to spend many more of his days behind the bars of a cell.

But just as the other times before, nobody returned from beyond the Veil. It was unlikely that anyone ever would, but the hope still clung to him as much as he had clung to it; the elf had broken the barrier between the two worlds when he had drifted too far beyond once, why couldn't they?

"Ardreth!" he heard someone call. In recognition of his name, he pressed his eyes shut and opened them again to re-manifest back in the ruins of his ancestors, tree roots intruding on him in the temple. Through the years he watched them slither in like snakes as the trees grew tall and reclaimed their land.

"Ardreth! Where are you?" he heard the familiar voice beckon him once more.

"Down here in the Ascension Chamber!" he shouted in response. His dark tone of a voice remained somewhat insulated by the detailed tapestry hung on the walls.

The carefully woven textile depicted stories of The Summoning, the event that created Ardreth. Images flash in his mind of being torn away from the Veil, the memory of cold souls pulling him from the necromancers' ritual still haunts him and the feeling of the souls hands still marked his wrists like invisible scars. He knew that was the reason none of them have yet returned from the veil, but in his days he often finds himself contemplating whether or not they've ever tried.

Light filters through the tangled boughs above, collecting in dappled pools upon the clearing's mossy floor. The murmur of a small stream can be heard as it's glittering surface slowly snakes ever so deeper into the lush green of the forest. Sitting close to the water, Naiya flicks through the pages of a leather-bound book containing descriptions and drawings of various creatures ranging from common to myth. After briefly looking at a few, she stops at a page labeled, "Dragon", upon it's aging surface, an etching of a giant, winged reptile breathing fire at an armored knight mounted on a rearing steed. Interested, she flips the page only to be disappointed that half of the page is missing, coincidentally the section devoted to habitat, anatomy and known weaknesses.

"Hmm... I wonder if whoever ripped the page went looking for one." she mutters to herself as she looks at the section labeled, "characteristics". below is a list of traits shared by the species of "common dragon". Reading aloud to herself, she picks out the ones that catch her eye; "Intelligent beings, most can speak one (or in some cases all) known languages, proud (some even vain), have a habit of hoarding precious items, and above all else; powerful and dangerous - DO NOT APPROACH!". She sighs at the last statement, and looks into the flowing water, the distorted image ever shifting with the river's current. "It would be an interesting conversation to have with a dragon, or even just to see one...if of course, it isn't trying to kill you.."

Putting the book down beside her she leans towards the water, extending her hand and holds it a few inches above the water's surface. She closes her eyes as she concentrates on the image of the dragon and on reaching out her will to the babbling stream. "Come on, come on, you can do this..." she whispers to herself. After a couple seconds she opens her eyes hopefully, but finds that nothing had changed and sits back, discouraged. "well it was worth the try i gues-" but before she could finish her sentence a small, transparent form leaps from the river and lands on her lap. Naiya smiles and laughs, stroking the cool surface of the dragonish figure's dripping head, it's whole body composed of water. As if in response, it spreads its tiny wings and takes to the air, circling above Naiya's head before it's form dissolves back into plain water, splashing her up-lifted face.

She wipes the water from her face, "Well, I suppose that was a good start, but maybe I should just stick to simple globules for now..."

(I'd hate to sound bossy or like a pain, but any posts made in this section of the roleplay is supposed to only be for in character moments, other comments that are out of character are meant to go here. Again, not trying to be bossy, it just ends up looking really disorganized)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back