[Souls of Paranoia]Apparition Halloween - Costumes and Boys [Week 16]

Kagura

Robot Sheep
Apparition Halloween was a strange place for her to meet Jennifer, but after she explained her side of the story, Monroe understood. Apparently the idea had been Kim's, who was looking for a costume last minute after being invited to a party. Monroe hadn't expected Kim to be there when she originally contacted Jennifer, but it would certainly help their situation. It would be easier to talk about Troy and All Hallows Eve with the three of them present.

It was just doing so in the Halloween specialty store was stupid, in her honest opinion- she never even planned on dressing up. Penny, however, was excited for the chance to rifle through the racks at the costume store. The little girl never got the chance to dress-up because she was sick, and through her transgression as a soul, was never in a body that was a particular celebrant. Wallace was older by the time she bonded, Sophia did a day of the dead ceremony, Colin never dressed up. It was excuse after excuse that limited her celebration.

So despite Monroe's reluctance to look through the costumes, Penny forced her hands to sweep through each hanger. Looking at the costumes didn't bother Monroe, however when the girl would suggest one particular costume or the other, Monroe was quick to let her down. "We're looking for Kim" came the reminder when Penny held up a scantily-clad bumble bee costume.

It wasn't like Monroe could really dress up anyways, what with Troy inviting them to a showdown on Halloween night. In fact her interest wasn't even on the costumes, even if they were for Kim. Monroe forced reluctant hands back from the racks and crossed her arms, turning to look at the two women.

"So we're planning on meeting him in City Park?" she tries to talk about it casually, they were in public after all, but Monroe was definitely tense about the subject. Weirdly enough Jennifer seems to be looking through the racks herself, "Are you getting a costume?" it comes out very judgmental, but Monroe has no idea what Jennifer's thinking.

Kim had sent a message to Ribbon, wanting to go costume shopping for Halloween, and of course Ribbon would want to go, and strangely, Red seemed interested in going as well. It was unusual for Red to be interested in anything like this, however, much like anything Red participated in, there was always something below the surface. Red kept an eye out for a specific costume she wanted for Halloween. Since she was graciously invited to a party in the park.

Monroe wanted assurance that they were meeting Troy at city park, as she had learned he would be there. "We will all be there. Ask if Sam will be coming." Red instructed Ribbon. Red was not good at girl time, and had difficulty pretending to be as preppy and energetic as Ribbon, so when they were in public like this, it was easier to just have Ribbon do the talking for the both of them.

"Of course, to both! It would be rude to turn down the invitation. It's Halloween party right? You have to be prepared, so I got to get a costume." Ribbon said, trying to make the conversation sound general and innocent to any eaves droppers. Red was looking for a costume from Slay Jay, the main character of the movie. It would be well recognized, but it had perks to it. Such as being able to wander freely with a katana in hand. When Oswald stated Red had changed, it had bothered Red far more then she would admit, and now she intended to go meet Troy with a blade as she would normally do. The idea did scare Ribbon, but if Kim and Monroe could face him, then why couldn't she? Why shouldn't she?

Ribbon pulled out a costume that caught her eye from a nearby shelf and inspected it before showing it to Kim. "I think you would make a cute bunny. All it would need is some make up and some heels." Ribbon stated. The costume was a rabbit, it had a hairband with long floppy ears, however the actual costume part was revealing. A tight black and white laced corset with a fluffy round tail and fishnet tights. "You're going with Sam to this party right? Is he coming out with us on Halloween?" Ribbon was pretty good at hiding the real intent of her words behind a shroud of mundane conversations.

Kim was digging around in the racks of costumes. Kim always loved costumes as a child. However as she grew older she saw women's costumes, her opinions on them changed. Almost everything had a revealing "sexy" variety or some other ridiculous alterations. Sexy Nurses, Sexy Ninjas, even Sexy Chocolate Bars were possible in this weird realm of clothing. She was slightly disgusted with what she found. It all reminded her of middle school and freshmen year, trying to impress people. Now with Felix, it all just seemed wrong and inappropriately.

Monroe and Jennifer were already talking about Troy when Kim was searching for her costume. She knew that the topic was going to shift to the murderer eventually, she just didn't expect so soon. She lifted up an angel costume from the rack, it had a fussy halo and giant wings. It was cute, except she was basically wearing lingerie. "What kind of angel would wear this?" she asked out loud but also to Felix.

"I am not sure," Felix just said as he awkwardly had Kim's body put the clothing back onto the rack. "Maybe you should try to find something else..."

Kim was called over by Jennifer that showed her a bunny costume. All it would need was heels and makeup. However, Kim looked it up and down and wasn't sure if Jennifer was kidding or not. "Uh," she said hesitantly. "I mean, I am not sure if its for the best. Its kind of... 'revealing'? Plus, I don't know if I could fight Troy in a bunny costume." Kim tried to gracefully turn down Jennifer's suggestion.

The woman asked her about if Sam was coming to the Halloween parties, both of them. "He's the one who invited me to this first one," she said confidently. "As for the Halloween dance with Troy, I am not so sure if Sam is coming. Knowing him though, he probably will."

The conversation was wholly focused on Halloween, something that only made Monroe more and more angry. It wasn't like she didn't expect this, coming to such a public place but all she wanted to do was have a normal conversation without beating around the bush. If that wasn't enough, Jennifer was legitimately looking for a costume to meet Troy in.

"Why?" Monroe frustration showed as she more or less snapped through the costume rather giving them any glance. "He won't be wearing a costume, and these costumes are barely appropriate enough!" Monroe hated talking in circles more than anything. Getting to the point was her forte and talking around a subject, no matter how much sense it made, was leaving her with residual anger.

At least they were talking about it; it was her interpretation that Jennifer was asking Kim whether Sam was coming or not. The girl friend wasn't even sure of the answer at first but eventually complied to let them know he was 'probably' coming. "Tsk" Monroe hissed, clicking her tongue slightly as she rounded into the next aisle. "I'm not even looking for anything! What am I doing here!" she withdrew her hands again.

Maybe she should have asked for a better meeting place, maybe she was over thinking it...she just wanted some semblance of calm. However, Monroe was irritated- this was not the situation she wanted to be in, and this wasn't even the people she wanted to talk to. The woman cursed as she thought about Julian again, heaving a deep sigh.

"Just try to enjoy yourself" Penny's voice is hesitant in suggesting anything but Monroe once again takes another deep breath. Reluctantly, Monroe grabbed the costume in front of her and held it up for the two girl's to see.

"What about this?" she couldn't help but drone, it was another animal costume, this time a wolf. It had a full tank dress with a cropped jacket and hood attached to the top, it had a lot of fur lining and a tail sticking out the bottom of the dress. Some fur leg and arm warmers were attached and she could see that it also had a simple strip of black fabric to tie across the eyes.

"You'd should probably wear something under it- Troy has an interest in underwear" Monroe almost seemed mopey about suggesting anything at all.

Kim didn't care for the bunny costume, siting it's revealing design as the key flaw. Ribbon nodded and placed the costume back onto the rack. Kim wanted something more modest of a costume. Monroe however, seem defiant towards the idea of wearing a costume for Halloween, which Ribbon found to be a shame, mostly a shame for Penny. Yet, Monroe pulled out a random costume and suggest it to Kim. It was much less revealing then the bunny, yet it was also very... uninteresting in Ribbons opinion.

Monroe also stated Troy's interest in underwear. "Kim's a good girl, I bet only Sam could get a hold of her panties." Ribbon said giggling and nudging Kim with her elbow. "I knew you liked Sam way, way back at the potato festival, you were so defensive about your 'friendship' with him."

Ribbon returned to the costume shelves and flipping through, looking at all of the costumes. Kitty cats, nurses, maids, all manor of revealing or otherwise sexy costumes. Ribbon thought they were all cute, but it seemed Kim didn't care for them. Ribbon wasn't one for short skirts or anything like that either, in fact even today she was dressed very modestly. Yet Halloween was the time of year to dress up and be sexy.

"Find out about Monroe's boyfriend. I want to know what he knows, or if he has a memento." Red instructed, and like always, Ribbon was happy to oblige.

"Anyways, Monroe. Does your boyfriend know you are going to see Troy? Or that he has your panties?" Ribbon was having a lot of fun just teasing the girls. She knew Troy was a serious matter, but at the same time, Ribbon just enjoyed the casual atmosphere.

Ribbon found and pulled out a humorous gag-costume that was maybe something Kim wanted. "If bunny is too sexy how about this?" Ribbon asked as she held the costume out towards Kim. It was a big baggy eggplant costume. Large round purple belly and a bright green stem hood.

Kim blushed a bit when Jennifer said she was a 'good girl'. It felt somewhat belittling but she knew it was a compliment. Sam didn't even have her panties yet. Though she wasn't sure what prompted such a statement. "Is it a joke between them?" Felix asked looking over the situation. It was always weird to be a subject of another person's conversation.

"They don't seem to be that close, to be honest," Kim said knowing that there was some tension between Monroe and Red. "Hey!" Kim said out loud as a response to her liking Sam long before they dated. "I guess... but I don't think it was like that, we were friends. The Queen Province Buildign kind of changed things... you know."

"You know you should feel the need to make excuses," Felix said reminding Kim of the obvious.

Kim looked up to see Jennifer holding an eggplant costume. It was basically a fat suit, chubby and purple. Maybe if she was going to a sumo wrestling match... "Really?" escaped from her mouth. Shocked a bit by herself, she rephrased her comments. "I mean, its kind of baggy." She laughed a bit. "I am going with Sam after all. I don't want to impress other guys, but I still gotta impress him. Right?"

Kim reminded herself that Sam didn't have any of her panties. To be honest, she would rather keep it that way. She couldn't imagine Troy having her panties. "He has your panties?" she asked Monroe with a bit of pity in her voice. "Speaking of which, when will I get to meet your boyfriend?"

The hanger snapped unintentionally in Monroe's hand as a result of her balled fist, the meaning behind Jennifer's words hitting her dead on. The woman dropped the pieces, to where the costume was on the floor "What the fuck do you mean by good girl?" she carefully emphasizes her words. "What the hell are you trying to say?" Monroe was defensive, and frankly tired of the games they were playing.

When Jennifer mentioned Julian, Monroe snapped.

Pulling hangers off the hooks, she started to throw the costumes, hanger and all, at Jennifer. "Shut up, you sad excuse for a woman. All you are is a tiny chatterbox without your girlfriend to fucking defend you." The woman spat acid, "Does your boyfriend know?" she mocks, "What- you think I'm trying to cheat on Julian with Troy? You think I wanted this to happen?"

Running out of costumes, Monroe kicked down the stand that held them there, finally turning and approaching Kim. "You want to impress Sam? You want his attention that much?" the woman reaches forward and tries to rip open the vest Kim was wearing. "Go to your party in that" she spat, indignant tears building in her eyes. "Trust me- I'm enough of a fucking slut that the murderer has my underwear" Monroe's sarcasm had reached a new high.

Kim was taken aback by Monroe. She seemed at first offended by Jennifer's comments and the woman directed her rage towards the other. However that anger appeared to be short-lived as the woman started to throw off clothes from the rack, knocking them down to the floor on her way to Kim. Kim was frightened, but she stood her ground.

Felix on the other hand was more perceptive. He immediately reacted when Monroe snapped the first hanger. "What the fuck do you mean by good girl?" she said. She might have been too caught up in anger to notice it, but Felix paused the store from there on. There was no need to cause a scene, likewise, he wondered for Kim's safety. He wanted to have the upper-hand. Monroe was a friend but tantrums were never healthy.

"Stay calm," Felix said. Even though Kim did bring a weapon, a pocket knife that she had bought after it being suggested to her by Natalya, Felix didn't reach for it. There was no reason to turn weapons against friends or allies. Monroe's comments were nothing to the frustration faced in a trench.

Monroe kicked down the stand after yelling at Jennifer. The rack however stood awkwardly bent over, not fully falling. Gravity was frozen for it. The woman's look could petrify, her words were vile. Kim stood still though, she merely gave a confused look. She still felt sympathetic towards Monroe. Yet Kim seemed to be Monroe's victim. The woman stormed to her, yelling. Talking about Sam, talking about how Kim wanted to be a slut.

Kim expected the woman to pause, consider what she was doing and maybe just spit an insult at her. Except she didn't stop there. She grabbed her on the chest. Kim couldn't resist at first, she was thrown off by it all. However she didn't hesitant as the woman lurched at her. She grabbed back at the woman's forearms trying to pull Monroe off of her body. "What?" she said to Monroe. She had to struggle against Monroe, she was just too angry. She tried to kick the woman but it her kneeing did little good. "Get the fuck off of me!" The resistance between the two of them pulled the vest in two directions. It was a rope in a tug of war and it eventually torn.

The face on Monroe was a rageful glee but her tears were welling up. "Go to your party in that" she spat out. "Trust me- I'm enough of a fucking slut that the murderer has my underwear."

Kim was glad she wore an undershirt today underneath her vest, but she still felt exposed. As Monroe backed off from Kim, taking a few strands of the vest with her, Kim attacked back. She was quick and determined. Not even Felix could intervene. She tried to strike Monroe across the face once quickly, if it succeeded she would go in for a second time. The first was hardly a slap. It was just a maneuver to get Monroe away from her, to release the woman's grasp on Kim. The second time was deliberate, it would be harder, hopefully to knock the senses back into her. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" she yelled. She wanted to take a few steps back, but it she stood firm. "Is this how you solve problems? I've seen 5 year olds more mature than you!" Kim stood up for herself, she smiled to her but it was a fake one. She just wanted to show to this woman she wasn't afraid. However it was Felix that kept her standing where she was at this point.

"Monroe," Felix said calmly, but even he was nervous. Kim's body was in fight or flight, she was breathing to harshly. "Monroe," he repeated. "Its Felix... We are your friends here, however you need to remember where you are and just who you are dealing with." Felix remarked as he nudged Kim's face to point to the body guards, the trained Scarlets, that were in the store. They were uncertain what was happening but they had their weapons at the ready. Felix had purposely unfrozen them in the fray, he was perceptive as always. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Monroe. However I won't intervene."

Monroe seemed to react to Ribbons teasing. "What the fuck do you mean by good girl?" Monroe asked in anger. Ribbon looked over at Monroe and didn't see the girl with a playful expression, but seemed angry and upset. "What the hell are you trying to say?" Monro shrieked as she started to throw costumes from the shelf at ribbon one by one with increasing ferocity and anger, even breaking the display the costumes were on top of.

Ribbon tried to say something to the girl, but was getting interrupted by the pummeling of costumes. Fortunately the costumes were typically soft and fluffy, it was more of an inconvenience then any actual danger. "Wait - I - Monroe - Wait - Stop" Ribbon tried to started, but couldn't.

Red was aware of the surroundings during Monroe's tantrum. The voices of the shoppers stopped, the footsteps ended, everything had stopped. Felix had known something might happen and had stopped the room. Red wouldn't have that, being turned on by the both of them. She grabbed for control, and Ribbon didn't want to give it to her. "What are you doing?" Red asked, not sure why the girl wouldn't relent.

"Please don't do anything bad... she's just upset... I went too far and upset her..." Ribbon explained. She didn't want Red to act too reactionary on the girl.

"You did absolutely nothing wrong. This is all Monroe's fault and her problem, not your own."
Red said as she started to forcefully grab control of Ribbons body. At this point, Monroe was done with ribbon and went after Kim, just as Red forced full control of Ribbon to herself.

"Red please don't!"
Ribbon begged, but Red was done making deals or talking. Red quickly looked all around the store, and noticed Natalya and Jesse, guns out and aimed waiting for a command. "Red!" came her inner conscious once more, begging her to stop. However, this meant that Felix had not frozen her guards, so Felix was not against her, it was just a unstable whore.

Monroe clawed at Kim, ripping her vest open, revealing Kim's undershirt below. Kim quickly retorted back by grabbing onto the girl and going in with a slap. Maybe she could knock some sense into Monroe.

Red looked back over at the two scarlet's as the approached inwards. She had Ribbon open her mouth, but she stopped when Kim spoke up, no not Kim, Felix. "Its Felix... We are your friends here, however you need to remember where you are and just who you are dealing with. I don't want anything to happen to you, Monroe. However I won't intervene." Felix said, and Red couldn't help but turn and look inquisitively towards the girls.

"Why don't you listen to Felix before the Scarlet come out to play." Red retorted towards Monroe. "You do not get to assult Ribbon, do you understand? The only reason you are still standing, is because Ribbon wouldn't want me to do anything drastic. So you better remember just who here has the resources, and the power to help you and get Troy. It was Kim who took that arm from him. We are working together here."

Red angrily grabbed a handful of costumes. "We will have to leave now, before anyone else wanders in here. These will have to do." The two Scarlet lowered their guns, but kept them out and accessible in their hands, keeping their eyes on Monroe.

Monroe had heard them yell at her, heard them trying to defend herself but she was honestly so sick of this shit. She had come here on invitation by Red, hoping they would talk about what happened on the train. Instead, the whole conversation was focused on a stupid party that wouldn't fucking matter if they all died the next week.

Kim slapped her, then backhanded her, asking her what was wrong and ridiculing her more until Felix took over. She knew she should have felt something when he threatened her with Red's gunmen, should have backed down when Red uttered the same.

Honestly, all she felt was more rage, snapping her arm up to shove Kim or Felix back.

"Now you're ready to talk business- I get physical and suddenly everyone wants to talk! Fuck that, that's what I've been living with this last week!"
Monroe was breathing throat hurt from yelling, she tried to continue the best she could in a low voice. "I was invited today to talk about Troy and all we're doing is beating around the bush" she ends up stressing her last few words.

"In case you forgot the only reason you know where Troy's going to be is because of me. I was on that train with him, and somehow got another creepy message from an unknown number." Monroe was reminded of the unanswered text by retelling it now. "I can't control it, so stop fucking judging me as if I do" another curse out the door.

Red had suggested to leave, and didn't really plan on doing so until this was sorted. Except her feet had a mind of their own, or rather the mind of Penny's, as she forced her to walk stiffly out of the chaos she created when she freaked out. The girl had been oddly quiet since this started- "I don't like it when you yell" Penny admitted, meek in her reproach. Monroe's anger dissipated with her comment, and she let the little girl take over, a meager skip in her step.

Kim realized that Felix was taking command of the situation when he unveiled his threat against Monroe. It was such an unusual thing for Kim to experience, this battle-hardened Felix. He always appeared so calm and collective except when he suffered an episode (that is what Red called it). To have him work so efficiently was alien.

Red tried to coerce Monroe to calm down. She threatened her with severe punishment if she acted like this again to Jennifer. However Red seemed to back-off from the situation, merely grabbing a costume that was next to her and walking out of the store. Monroe glared at Kim, ignoring Red. "Now you're ready to talk business- I get physical and suddenly everyone wants to talk! Fuck that, that's what I've been living with this last week!"

Monroe was annoyed because she felt Kim and Jennifer were ignoring the situation at hand. Apparently she received another text message from someone other than Troy. "Monroe," Kim said as she approached the woman. Yet Jennifer's saunter passed Kim heading for the exit. Kim turned around to see Red's expression on Jennifer's face. It was absolute frustration. The Scarlets also backed out of the store.

Kim turned back to Monroe but already saw the woman balling her hands into fists but nevertheless followed suit. "Monroe," Kim said again her voice meeker.

"Let's go," Felix said with some authority. "Come on, take a costume and let's go, we have important things to discuss."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back