Exalted DeathMatch II

Who'd be left standing?

• All the DBs of Creation, working together.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All the Alchemicals of Autochthonia, working together.

• All the Fair Folk of the Wyld, working...[breaks into hysterical, helpless laughter]

• Total voters
do they ever imply the population of the alchemicals?  they're kinda celestial, so does that put them in the hundreds area?

They're kinda celestial so they're in the 1000s, but not in the 10s of thousands, I think...

Personally, I think the Alchems would wipe the fucking floor with the Terrestrials. Why? Because they are better armed, better leadership in some ranks and can thoroughly trounce the little bastards with God-Machine protocols. Seriously, let's say one of the fights in the Locust Crusade comes true. The Terrestrials only fucking win ONE of them, then they start winning after selling their souls to the Deathlords. Lets put one Essence five Terrestrial vs an Essence five Alchem...there you have it.

*Imagines Cainan fighting it out with a few thirty foot Alchems* That's the good stuff. Cainan's the only DB I'd ever root for. Don't get me wrong, I love the DBs, but against the Alchemical's ambitions and thorough ass kicking ability...I'd say they'd trounce the fuckers.

If ALL the Terrestrials worked together, they would win due to sheer numbers, the way their charms work in teams, and abundance of their magical material to make equipment with.

Not by much though. The reamining DB could celebrate in the same bar...

Well, even if there are all the dragonblooded working together (not really likely) then the alchemicals still got a 40 million inhabitants nation behind them with a technology level somewhere between the shogunate and the first age.

You folks who're voting for the Dragon-Blooded: I love you.  But you're stupid.

Each individual Alchemical is significantly more powerful than each individual Dragon-Blooded, and the disparity in their numbers is not so great that the DBs could just swarm them.  The opening game would appear (as it does in Locust Crusade) to go mostly the DBs' way, but once the Alchemicals adjusted their battle tactics and technology to Creation, the whole Realm would take a dirt nap.

...Yeah, but your vote is kind of pointless then. Besides, you're the sites DB lover...kind of biased. Besides, Terrestrials really aren't all THAT great   :P

Sure are! And they're many too!

10.000!

There's three of them who have mastered all the five styles of martial arts. They can do nasty stuff ;P One of them is almost at sidereal level..

Mnemon knows Celestial Circle magic! Stuff goes on!

And there's heroes! And .. well. And alchemicals. suck :P

You did say "All" alchemicals, right? Like, the essence 8-10 cities, uprooting themselves and building gigantic supermassive black-hole powered lasers en route to the Blessed Isle?

All, right?

Mmm, black hole powered lasers  *drool*

And yeah, yeah, Celestial magic, God-Machine protocols are sick, have you read'em? Put some of the Celestial spells to shame, a few of 'em. Pfft, three Grandmasters, they don't even fight anymore, except one, the others are practically hermits on Imperial Mountain.

:P

Zaramis said:
There's three of them who have mastered all the five styles of martial arts. They can do nasty stuff ;P One of them is almost at sidereal level..
Well, Alchemicals can freely learn Celestial styles, so they'd easily trump the grand masters with age, I think. And speaking strictly, the Alchemicals don't need to learn, they get upgraded. So, the big Alchemical NPC war machines can just get a massive refit in advance of the big fight, giving them ALL the celestial styles on record. Let the good times roll.

And I think that Mnemon having Celestial sorcery was a mistake based on her access to "Demon of the Second Circle". I wouldn't let her have it, at any rate. She's an amazingly powerful Terrestrial, and surely the most powerful of her kind still extant. Doesn't giving her things she shouldn't be able to have cheapen the power she has gained despite her Exalted Essence's drawbacks?

Alchemicals get lasers for the mortal soldiers, big lasers for the regular Alchemicals, and Giant Black Hole Lasers that fire Elsewhere for their big Alchemicals. And as if it weren't good enough, they get something equivalent to Celestial sorcery.

Stoopid Dragon Bloods don't stand a chance. :P

Samiel said:
Zaramis said:
Well, Alchemicals can freely learn Celestial styles, so they'd easily trump the grand masters with age, I think. And speaking strictly, the Alchemicals don't need to learn, they get upgraded. So, the big Alchemical NPC war machines can just get a massive refit in advance of the big fight, giving them ALL the celestial styles on record. Let the good times roll.

And I think that Mnemon having Celestial sorcery was a mistake based on her access to "Demon of the Second Circle". I wouldn't let her have it, at any rate. She's an amazingly powerful Terrestrial, and surely the most powerful of her kind still extant. Doesn't giving her things she shouldn't be able to have cheapen the power she has gained despite her Exalted Essence's drawbacks?

Alchemicals get lasers for the mortal soldiers, big lasers for the regular Alchemicals, and Giant Black Hole Lasers that fire Elsewhere for their big Alchemicals. And as if it weren't good enough, they get something equivalent to Celestial sorcery.

Stoopid Dragon Bloods don't stand a chance. :P
I'd have to agree, even as much as I love DBs, they can't beat the power of twinked machines. ^_^

I think its kind of alarming so many people think the Autobots would win.

Remember, please, the Dragon-Blooded slew the Solars (albeit with some help, fine, but Solars are a lot tougher than Autobots).

Also, since we're counting ALL the Autobots (moving cities and all), then we also have to count ALL the Dragon-Blooded... Including Lookshy.

The Dragon-Blooded get my vote, if only because they're proved their potential during the end of the First Age.

Ah, but they had the element of surprise, and the Solars were hardly a collaborative bunch at the time...

... In a deathmatch I presume these two disadvantages would not be present. And the DB:s would get whipped. Badly.

Solfi said:
Ah, but they had the element of surprise, and the Solars were hardly a collaborative bunch at the time...
... In a deathmatch I presume these two disadvantages would not be present. And the DB:s would get whipped. Badly.
Apart from that, the DBs of today are hardly anything near that badass as their first age brethren were. Trained by solars, clad in powerarmour and geared towards battling exalts. Today not even all dragon bloods are military types.

I agree about their training etc, but they were hardly only battle-types back then either.

System-wise, that would make many of the Charm-trees all but useless to them. But more importantly; the Celestial Exalts were few. Creation is huge. Back then it was larger by magnitude. The Deliberative would have needed the DB:s to act as their representatives regularly.

Plus, let's not forget, those good old Siderials who whisper into their ears would most certainly be locking Heaven up. Can't have Autobots in Heaven now. They'd withdraw their support and just hope it all goes well. Happened in the Locust Crusade scenario. Poor widdle DBs were on their own.

While all the Alchemicals working together would beat all of the DBs working together, we have to realize that that is an improbable situation.  You have eight nations in Autochton and the one invading Creation has, at best, two hundred Alchemicals capable of actually leaving Autochton.  There are 10,000 Dynastic DB's.  There are, based on the population ratios of Creation, at least 20,000 non-Dynastic DBs in Creation, which would mean 30,000 DBs versus 2000 Autochtonians.  The DBs would win just because they have more people that are to manage more artifacts of mass destruction.

While all the Alchemicals working together would beat all of the DBs working together' date=' we have to realize that that is an improbable situation.  You have eight nations in Autochton and the one invading Creation has, at best, two hundred Alchemicals capable of actually leaving Autochton.  There are 10,000 Dynastic DB's.  There are, based on the population ratios of Creation, at least 20,000 non-Dynastic DBs in Creation, which would mean 30,000 DBs versus 2000 Autochtonians.  The DBs would win just because they have more people that are to manage more artifacts of mass destruction.[/quote']
Well we are not speaking about canon though... cause in canon an army backed up by 5 alchemicals slaughters a realm army with hundreds of dragon blooded iirc.

There are' date=' based on the population ratios of Creation, at least 20,000 non-Dynastic DBs in Creation[/quote']
Is this based on some kind of formula from the books, or is it some kind of conjecture?

I always got the impression that there were about 10k in the Realm, 1k in Lookshy, and a few others scattered here and there in the rest of Creation, but hardly 20,000.

Even if you can provide some kind of extrapolation from something mentioned in a particular book, having this many DBs seems to go against the original feel of the setting.

-S

Outcastes, when they explain the population ratio. 1 in like 100,000 is a DB in the rest of Creation. My figures have always been about 3500 in Lookshy, the 10,000 Dynasts in the Realm, plus about 2500 to 5000 Lost Eggs. Add onto that maybe another 1000 scattered around and I'd say that would be about right.

Users who are viewing this thread