• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom inFAMOUS

"I want connections linked with each of the districts. I'm sending in a few scientist to monitor the events going on in parts other than the historic district, particularly with factions like the Reapers and the Dust Men. We need to figure out what intentions those factions possess, before we make a move against them. I myself intend to look into the opportunities given to me with the assassins..." Amarth stated, his arms crossed behind his back. For just a split second, a few sparks crackled around his gauntlet, before vanishing. His cold eyes seemed to bore deep into surrounding First Son personnel, causing a few of them to shift in their places uncomfortably.

Extremely thick mist engulfs one of New York City's remaining streets in a matter of seconds. As it just so happened a squad of three D.U.P. personnel had been walking down the street when the mist engulfed them whole. It was then that a scream of pain and agony echoed through the mist coming from one of the D.U.P. personnel, followed by the deafening sound of their wild gunfire into the mist. Which then resulted in more screams of pain until no more gunfire occurred.

One last D.U.P. personnel stood in the mist his body covered in cuts, but none of them lethal, and his rifle cut cleanly into pieces now lying on the ground. He cries out for the help of his two friends, only to get no reply. He tries to run out of the fog, thinking he's running down the sidewalk to get out, when in all reality he's running in circles and can't even tell because the mist is distorting his sense of direction.

Finally the mist just slightly lightens, revealing his two former D.U.P. partners on the floor in a pool of their own blood. Their bodies covered in not only cut marks much deeper than his but also bite marks from a creature with extremely sharp fangs. There's also another person still standing with a sword covered in blood, just barely visible. He speaks, his voice seemingly coming from every direction from the mist distorting it.

"Go forth, run little one. Tell the D.U.P. of the Demon In The Mist and all those they will lose if they try to take any action against me."

With that the last remaining D.U.P. personnel of that three man squad runs, this time the fog allows him to leave. Allows him to run off and tell the D.U.P. of the Demon In The Mist.

Abraham sat in the back seat of his chauffeur driven car being driven to the research facility and headquarters in the center of the Unification district. He was on his computer reading various reports on the city, forensic reports on the explosion, for the few export who managed to get there, satellite images of various districts with gang movements and medical report on the city. For the next few weeks this was his life, assisting local law enforcement in the reclamation and rebuilding of New York, this was the true test of the reformed DUP to show that it is still a force to be reckoned with and not just a joke.

"Director?" The voice in his earpiece began to call.

"What do you have for me, son?"Abraham replied, judging by the voice there was bed news coming.

"Scouting mission of sector 32 returned home, sir....Only one survivor covered in cuts and bruises mention a "demon in the mist.""

"Unfortunate."Abraham said calmly. Two soldiers werent a total loss and the fulfilled what he wanted them to do which was gather Intel on this so called demon for apprehension." Send to more squads into the district but add in some atmosphere controlling Knights mixed in and at least one soldier with heat vision googlies. See how they fair."

"Yes, sir."

Trial and error. If this situation is to be resolved it will require a lot of trial and error and Abraham himself might have to get his hands dirty. The thought intrigued him, this was to prove interesting. The car reached the facility and Abraham sighed, he had to walk out and do his enfeebled old man act which was a pain to do. The door opened as a pawn reached his hand to help Abraham out the car, Abraham accepted acting as if flubbing with his cane to keep his balance as he stood up. It was an annoying act to make but he had learned that having an enemy underestimate you and is the quickest way to defeat them. Not to mention the most rewarding.

Zabuza couldn't of been more amused. He had never thought for even a moment that the lives of two lowly soldiers would strike enough fear into the D.U.P. to cause them to leave him be. Now as he watched from a side-alley he could see two more teams moving in alongside what he believed to be knights. He removed the bandages from his mouth, finally showing his row of fangs. He could finally get what he wanted, food that would come to him and that he could enjoy toying with before the kill.

Zabuza began to immensely focus, heavy mist once more engulfing the same city street it had just hours before that same day. Zabuza removed his Executioner's Blade from his back, walking into the mist ready for the fun he was about to have. He spoke, this time the mist distorted his voice to sound as if he was standing directly in-front of each of the D.U.P. personnel.

"You did not heed my warning, this time I will leave no survivors to tell the story. Your deaths will have to speak for themselves."

Locus stood on the top of a building over looking the mist. Taking out his phone he dialed his employer. "Abraham...I's Locus. I believe I have located your so called Demon. how would you like me to proceed Sir?" He asked waiting for his bosses orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felix walked down the streets, hands in his hoodie pockets. What a mess... this place is rotten... One day, there will be peace and acceptance. I wished I didn't have to do this, but I was given this ability... I- Okay, pay attention... you're here. He turns a corner, and after checking to see if anyone's watching, he walks down an alleyway. There, he sees three Reapers, and a man wearing a hoodie. An arms deal... gotta end this quick

"Hey, guys!" The reapers turn around shocked, and the man looks over at him. "I know it seems counter-intuitive to do illegal activity in broad daylight," He smiles, "but you should have." Felix dashes and quickly turns into a black blur. Gunfire sounds, but Felix appears behind the Reapers, and knock two of their heads together, knocking them out. He lunges and moves the third one's barrel away, causing his bullets to miss. and after a quick jab to the neck, he crumples.

Felix turns towards the hooded man.

"Please! Don't kill me!" Felix laughs

"I am the shadow, and criminals shall tremble beneath my might! Go, and tell your friends of me, and of my mercy, and next time, choose light! or deal, with the dark!" The man scrambles away, and Felix laughs even more. "Oh my god, that was so cheesy." He goes to pick up the guns, which he would later sell to other, non-powered vigilantes, when he suddenly hears footsteps. He runs and jumps through an open window, and looks back to see five men walk into the alley. "Crap, the First Sons! They must be here for the weapons." The men grab the guns, and begin to walk back out the alley. Felix was about to leave, when something catches his attention.

"Hey, did you hear about that "Demon in the Mist guy?" Demon in the Mist?

Another man scoffs. "What a load. I heard he's a myth."

"Nah man." The first one says. "I heard, he killed people just by using mist!"

"What?"

"It's true! I-"

"Stop lolligagging! We gotta get moving!" Someone yells from outside the alley. After a round of yes sirs, they are all gone. Felix walks back out to the alley I lost the guns. My client isn't going to be happy, but from the sound of it, that's the least of my concerns. Who is this demon in the mist? Is he like me? If he is... he sounds like either a valuable ally hero... or the most dangerous villain to set foot on this earth... I need to find out more... but first, dinner! Felix walks back to his warehouse. Tonight he would get a good nights sleep, and tomorrow, the hunt begins.

"Have the one group engage or him engage them." Abraham said entering into his office and watching the mist area in the distance."Once we have a confirmed contact have the wind conduits blow the mist away. You can then engage with the second group and yourself. Remember i want him alive, no payment otherwise....Oh no that's too cruel, half payment, you would have earned a little something for taking him down."

Jacob sits on the edge of a rooftop eating an apple some little kid had given him. Even if half the apple was rotten, he was enjoying it. The perks of being a hero were pretty neat. After he ate down to the core of one side of the apple, he turned it around and almost bit into it before seeing something move under the peel. He stood up and threw the apple as far as he possibly could. Then he took in a deep breath and turned around, walking over to the vent he had used to get up the roof. He started walking before breaking into a run. Once he got close enough, he dived at the vent and turned into a puff of smoke. He came out of the vent at the bottom and began to explore the Neon District was again. Anyone staring at him would wonder why someone would be dumb enough to walk down the Neon District so carefree. He disappeared into a cloud of smoke and anyone who blinked, would open they're eyes and see that were watching an empty street....

Felix walks down the streets of the Neon District with his head lowered and his hands in his hoodie pockets as normal. I need to look for more information on this "Demon in the Mist" character. This place is as good a place as any to investigate. I- He stopped. Across the street, a brown haired boy with a black trenchcoat caught his eye. He was casually strolling down the street of the Neon District. No one does that! Who could that be, and why-... where'd he go? As half way through his thought, the man disappeared with a blink of the eye. Disappeared into thin air... like mist. Could that be him? Was I hallucinating? Whatever the case, I need to keep searching. I need to keep moving. Felix begins to walk again, keeping his head low, and something on the sidewalk catches his eye. An apple, eaten down to the core on one side, but untouched on the other. He scoffs and continues on his way. What a waste of good food.

Watches Felix from up the rooftop above him. "Remember.... Everyone is a suspect.... No one is innocent." He traverses from building to building, keeping out of sight while keeping Felix in sight.

Do you ever get the feeling... the feeling you are being watched? Man, I feel like this mist guy is everywhere! Like he is watching me... judging me... Felix walks into an alleyway. I am gonna need a better vantage point. Felix walks over to a vent. I have never tried it before... now's as good a time as any. He dashes and goes into shadow form and quickly is flung through the vent and onto the roof, before rematerializing. he laughs That was awesome! I have to do that more often!! I hope no one saw that though...

Locus watches as a group of ten D.U.P. agents in full body armor proceed into the mist. "Alright boss look's like the cannon fodder just walk in to the Mist." He said in a tone telling him he was not betting on them making it out alive. " Prepare a chopper in route to point Alpha." He put his phone away and went back to watching the mist. "Dead or alive your coming with me."

James watched as Felix walked into an alley and look around before running straight at a vent and just disappearing. James was shocked to that he may have found his target... The Demon In The Mist just slipped up. He nearly burst out laughing. Was it gonna be that easy? I guess so! He dashed a couple of feet behind Felix before silently running up behind him, attempting to grab him by the face and smother him with smoke.

He began to walk a few steps before suddenly getting grabbed from behind What the hell?! He quickly dissappears into a shadow and appears behind his assailant. Trench coat man! It's then he realizes the smoke coming from his hands

"ah, 'the Demon in the Mist' huh? Found you already? Although, that really looks more like smoke than mist, but whateves." Felix says cockily and bounces excitedly on the tips of his feet. "Pretty ballsy move, I must say. I would've thought you'd have been stealthier."

(First off, the irony in the fact that both James & Felix think the other is the Demon in the Mist just has to be pointed out and laughed at)

As if to confirm the suspicions of Locus right on cue, only moments after the ten D.U.P. agents foolishly enter the mist screaming can be heard followed immediately by a hail of gunfire. Arms & legs are dismembered left and right each by clean slices from the Executioner's Blade by the Demon of the Mist.

The mist also clearly begins to distort the senses of all those soldiers within it. They begin to believe they see the outline of a demon running past them in the mist, when they fire at it they don't even realize that the mist has turned each of them around just perfectly so that the D.U.P. soldiers fired at each other injuring and killing their own.

The mist also seems to distort all technology within it, as over the communications loud, constant, and unbearable laughter can be heard screaming into the ears of those D.U.P. soldiers within the mist. As for any heat vision goggles, they seem to reveal a constantly changing number of demonic looking creatures running wildly through the mist.

As the numbers of those within the mist begin to dwindle, Zabuza takes his time to rip into their throats with his rows of fangs and drain them dry of their blood.

James quickly turns around and goes into a sort of boxing stance. He bounces on his feet to get ready to move if needed. "On the contrary, my dear demon! It is you who pulled the ballsy move in MY territory. Prepare for a beatdown you'll never forget." James ran at Felix before dashing straight at him, materializing extremely close to Felix, his fist covered in smoke, attempting to catch him by surprise.

Locus jumps off the roof of the building he was on landing just outside the mist and checks his watch."Five minutes not bad....Why don't you tone down the mist so I can see the face of the man who's a** I'm going to kick." His face showing no fear as he waited for him to respond.

Felix panics and quickly turns to shadow, materializing on the other side of James and quickly turns around

"Woah woah woah... wait, what did you call me? 'My Dear Demon?'... what are you playing at, I'm not the demon, you are!" Felix looks around before looking back at James. He narrows his eyes and points at him. "Are you trying to frame me? Is someone watching?"

James turns and jumps backwards, shooting multiple smoke projectiles at Felix. "Don't deny what you've done! Your a murderer and you know it! If your the virus, then I'm the cure!" He had to admit, that last line was pretty cheesy but he wasn't being paid for making good remarks.

Felix rolls sideways and dashes at james, knocking them both off the roof and into an alleyway. He quickly uses his shadow ability to block the exits of the alleyway and looks over at James.

"Peace, peace... I think there is a disconnect... I am not the demon, and from the sound of it, you aren't either... I have been hunting him, like what I guess you have been doing. If you haven't noticed yet, my power is shadow, not mist." Felix walks over to James and holds out his hand. "Are we good?"

hits the ground with a thud and cringes a bit. He gets on has knees and sees that Felix is holding out his hand. "Ya... Sure. So, what do you know about The Demon?" He stands up and doesn't even think about shaking Felix's hand.

Zabuza drops the last of the now cold, drained life-less D.U.P. soldiers to the ground, warm blood still dripping from his fangs. He now clearly stares down the new arrival who just jumped off the roof of a building and taunted him to show himself. The Demon of the mist clearly able to see through his own mist, while Locus of course could not. He begins to focus.

A demonic voice begins to speak from the mist, trying to keep Locus occupied.

"If you want to see me so badly, why don't you step into my parlor? Said the spider to the fly. Then we can test if your resolve is truly as strong as you seem to make it."

In the meantime mist began to move along both sides of the street past Locus, attempting to move past him without him seeing them. They attempted to meet up to circle around him, where the mist could then engulf him, while he wasn't paying attention.

"I... don't know anything. I just heard about him yesterday" Felix says, lowering his hand and the shadow defense, "This was my first day searching for it... All I know is that he supposedly kills people with mist. Other than that, I-" Felix is suddenly interrupted by a loud noise overhead. He looks up and sees a helicopter flying overhead. "That was a DUP helicopter by the looks of it." He thinks for a moment before turning back to James. "Maybe they found the demon? If we trail it, we might find the demon itself."

"I have to ask you a question what do you believe in?" Locus asks walking in to the approaching mist resolve not faltering for a second. "It's just a little something I ask everyone before we fight and they are always interesting." He pulls a long knife out of it's sheath prepared for a surprise attack as he reached the middle of the mist. If Zabuza was paying close attention he would feel the temperature start to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back