Music Share your character/story themed playlists! {guessing games included}

Shawdios

It’s pronounced SHAWDIOS!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome! As a writer and Roleplayer i’m sure you've accumulated your fair share of character themed playlists or story themed playlists. Well! You’re just in luck, you’ve stumbled across a thread made to share your vast collection with others!

When sharing a playlist, feel free to explain the song choices or song genre! Rambles about your playlists are heavily encouraged!! If instead you’d like people to guess details about your character or story based off the vibes and lyrics of the music, put {Guessing Game} at the bottom of your reply!

Rules:

You may only share one playlist per day (This is to prevent spamming the thread and others’ playlists getting buried.)

No bashing people's music choices (This is a Hate free zone in general)

Be respectful!

Spotify playlists are preferred, but all are welcome.

This playlist is semi Character themed, but more in the type of music the character would listen to rather than songs that fit her.

Sugar runs a Cafe/dinner with her adopted son Spice and she's old enough to be considered an elder for her race. (She's a modern fantasy Oc and is of a homebrew race of mine called Porcilavians) She collects records and has shelves of records from all around their world. However, Jazz is her favorite genre and it takes up most of her collection. She is as sweet as her namesake and it pains her to see people struggle, having known what it was like to be that person in need. She knits, crochets, and sews in her freetime while playing her favorite records. Though, she does play some while baking as well.

Jazz music is her favorite genre because of how romantic it often is, and even though she’s Aroace, she does enjoy the concept of romance. Wistful words and wistful tunes that you can close your eyes and sway blissfully to. That is her musical joy.

I have like a million playlists for characters, but this is one of the ones I'm most proud of! Childe from Genshin Impact. Sadly I haven't arranged it in chronological order like I normally do because some of them are less "the lyrics fit exactly" and are more "this vibes like how I write him" so it's hard to really organize. Some fit more then others, though. The best ones IMO are; C'est La Vie (had someone shown me the lyrics and told me it was a fan song, I would've believed them), Icarus, Sweet Tooth, Thanks I hate it, and PRESSURE BOMB 3?!?! at least for the way I portray the character.
I enjoy listening to this playlist an unreasonable amount lol.

A thirteen-song playlist for my new Monster of the Week character, Sparrow Paget! She/they, 24 years old, former Journalism major (not graduated) from Golden, British Columbia. My girl(ish). My beautiful angel with a disorder.

A visibly very nervous person, she's in the middle of a possible apocalypse where the whole town had to evacuate when random people in it turned out to be human-eating mimics who had taken previous victims' forms; her older sister, who practically raised her, turned out to be a mimic and it's kind of made her kind of a nervous wreck who has a hard time trusting strangers and sometimes even people she knows. They're a fidgety person, driven to find out the truth despite the fact that they always really hate what they find out, hate being right about their suspicions, and it just makes them even more freaked out.

The first two songs on the list are Sparrow's main theme songs! "Hallowed Ground" from Solar Body is the music that actually plays during her introduction in the game. "Hollow Moon" by The Crane Wives is the very first song I decided is "theirs" and the one that, if I had to name a singular song as Their Song, it'd be that one. (It's also where I got the title of the playlist from! The group's home base is called the Bunker, so it was really fitting...) I am hugely into all the rest of the songs for her, too, and pleased that I was able to land on exactly thirteen songs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back