• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: The Santoris Festival

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

toxicdeliquency

It was a hot day when Aria landed right back where she had started on Delphia Island and instead of the assumed warm feeling of being home, instead she felt anxious. Shaymin could tell though, and it’s small nose nuzzled into her arm as the blonde smiled down to her Pokémon. Coming down the steps of the plane, she kept the smile up for the photographers who were there to get their scoop, the people who she’d grown up with, and of course her fans. She prepared herself for interactions with them all, seeing a young girl leaning over the safety rope a little too far with a photo and pen. Aria couldn’t help but chuckle as she set Shaymin down beside her and walked over, flashes immediately going off as she walked towards the child. Then, the little one fell forward, only for Aria to catch her quickly.

“You alright?” She asked, moving a piece of hair from the girl’s face.

The child could only nod, obviously awestruck by the girl who just saved her. “Thank you.”

Aria shook her head though and held out her hand for the photo, “Don't mention it.” She assured her with a grin, taking the paper and marker before pulling the cap off, “Now, what’s your name?”

In a quick breath, the child looked down to the Shaymin who met her eyes with a friendly glance, “Um, it’s Nancy.”

“Nancy.” Aria repeated with a nod, writing out a small message to the girl before signing her autograph at the end. “Well, Nancy, here you are and I hope to see you at the concert, okay? I’ll be looking for you in the crowd,” she smiles before nodding towards her pokemon, “and once Shaymin knows a scent she never forgets it, so we’ll know if you’re there.” Aria winks teasingly before continuing down the line of people wanting to meet her.

She could only stay for twenty minutes or so before her agents rushed her into a car heading for a hotel. Shaymin made itself comfortable in her lap as Aria looked out the window at her hometown, petting her Pokémon gently as the familiar scenery went by. She really was back….

Izumi Shindo

Mentions: Zufaix Zufaix
Stepping off of the boat that he had taken to the region onto the busy sidewalk, Izumi reflexively shielded his eyes from the bright afternoon sun with the back of his hand. After walking over to a nearby tree and leaning against it he temporarily put down his backpack and fished a pair of designer sunglasses out of a small pocket on the side. He slipped the sunglasses onto his nose and relaxed his eyes for a moment before fluidly pulling his phone out of the pocket of his shorts. After taking a selfie throwing up a quick peace sign his finger rapidly swiped across the screen as he selected a few people from his contact list to send the picture to, Izumi was sure they would still respond now but given enough time they would fall out of contact leaving him all by himself once again. After all, that’s how it always went.

Letting out a deep sigh Izumi shook the melancholic thoughts off of him as he swiped down the contact list to the only friend he had kept over the years. Tapping Vincent Reynolds’s name in his contact list he sent the same picture he sent the others but with an added line of text. ‘Hey history genius, still slaving away in that same old laboratory? Just got to Pythiana island in the Santoris region for a festival that happens every fifty years. The myths around it seem right up your alley, you should try to get a funded trip over here sometime.’ After pressing send and pocketing his phone he gently nudged the side of his partner Jolteon, who was bathing in the warm sunlight next to him, with the nose of his shoe. “What do you say buddy? You ready for a week of fun?” He asked, slinging the heavy backpack back over his shoulder and pushing himself off the tree back onto the busy sidewalk.

Having crossed the bridge to Delphia island, Izumi momentarily found himself at a loss for words. The young traveler had seen a lot of crowds in his five years of traveling the world but none of those could hold a candle to the number of people here. Izumi liked going with the flow of things, not planning things out in advance, this also went for booking hotel or inn rooms and judging by the size of the crowd in front of him, that habit might have finally caught up to him.

Having been turned down time and time again for the same reason at every hotel and inn he went to, Izumi plopped himself down on one of the rare free benches he could find to rest for a moment. After bathing in the warm afternoon sun for a minute he heaved a sigh and set his sights on the most luxurious hotel on the island. He wasn’t particularly worried about not being able to afford to stay there, in fact, if he wanted to he could probably stay in the hotel for the better part of his life with what he currently had available but Izumi didn’t like luxurious places much, they always just made him feel out of place among the other guests. He didn’t like showing off his wealth either, his sunglasses were the only designer item he had and the only reason he had bought them was that he liked the round glasses design a lot and the lack of a cheaper alternative that suited his tastes. Grabbing his backpack off the bench and patting Jolteon on the back Izumi started making his way over to the building.

Walking into the hotel Izumi was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the place still screamed luxury but at least it was the subtle kind, not the ‘everything in this lobby is made of gold’ type. After having checked into a room with a nightly price of at least 6 pairs of designer sunglasses Izumi had changed from his already casual outfit into an even more casual one that included his signature key-shaped necklace and leather bracelet. With Jolteon now seated in his otherwise mostly unpacked backpack, he made his way back down to the lobby, ready to start exploring the island.

Levi Yew
From one of Delphia's pristine beaches the lounging tourist could be see two figures skimming the waves as they approached, drawing near a man and a Raichu could be seen levitating together over the water on an electric field shaped into a surfboard. Riding the surf right up onto the beach they hopped onto the sand without even getting their feet wet and took a few steps to get clear of the next wave then carelessly flopped on their backs. "At last! Delphia!" Sighing in relief Levi pushed up his goggles onto his forehead. "Assuming we hit the right island that is, if not we better get moving again." The Raichu next to him suddenly sat up with a look of horror on her face. "I'm just messing with ya Nalu, we're definitely in the right place. You shoulda seen yer face though!" With an especially petulant 'chu' Nalu went flat again.

After a few minutes Levi sat up and gently massaged his legs, while surfing with Nalu was a lot safer than it looked doing it for long periods eventually got a bit uncomfortable from small leaks in the electric field. "Alright then, what say we see how they're living in town eh girl?" Getting to his feet the duo sauntered off leaving the confused beachgoers behind though they didn't get very far before Nalu stopped and insistently tugged on Levi's coat. "Rai!" Pointing out a cluster of food stalls she made it quite clear she that exploring could wait. "Fine fine, we research the local diet first."

After being hurried along to the hotel in the center of Delphia Island, one of her agents checked her and the group of men in to their separate rooms; all suites of course. It was the nicest hotel on the island, in fact, Aria could remember seeing how huge it was as a child and only dreaming of seeing anything other than the lobby. And now here she was actually staying in not only a room, but a suite of all things. Shaymin, once again, nudged her ankle to be picked up and Aria obliged happily, patting her head before she felt a hand on her lower back. It was Paul.... or, maybe Paulo was his name? She was awful at remembering, but whatever his name was led her and the rest of her team to the elevator and once they were in she quickly pulled out of his grip and cleared her throat.

“I’m well aware that you’ve been told to keep me in my room until my meet and greet later tonight, but I’ll let you know right now it’s not happening.” Aria said calmly to which Shaymin added, “Miin!” in agreement.

Before any of them could argue, her team reached their floor below hers and she held the door open, “Go on.” She nodded.

“Aria,” the man stopped when she glared his way, “I mean, ma’am, you can’t just leave whenever you want. You’re not home visiting, you’re here for work, to perform and meet your adoring fans! We-“

With a sigh, Aria looked down to Shaymin and the Pokémon nodded, jumping from her arms and taking a stance towards the group of agents still in the elevator, “Use stun spore.” The girl smiled, walking out of the elevator and pressing the close door button just as Shaymin jumped up and let the spores fall onto each member of her team.

It wasn’t like it would hurt them, just give her the time she needed to change into something more comfortable and get back out of the hotel into a town she knew like the back of her hand. Just as the elevator closed, Shaymin hopped out and the two hurried towards the steps to go upstairs where she found the suite with her name card in it. Of course, it was gorgeous, but now wasn’t the time to admire its beauty.

Aria pulled half of her hair into a bun and found a pair of sunglasses to slide on before smiling in the mirror and looking down to Shaymin. The Pokémon nodded approvingly before using its nose to open the closet and biting one of the dresses that hung so perfectly straight.

“This one, huh?” Aria laughed as she took it off the hanger and changed into it. It was just a simple sundress, white with green flowers and a small bow on the front and center of her chest. Of course it looked great, it was one of the weird gifts Shaymin had, picking out clothes for her. Aria surely wasn’t complaining though.

with a deep breath, she grabbed her phone and room key, opening the door for her Pokémon before following behind and hurrying down the steps and back to the lobby where she felt like she could breathe, even with the huge crowds inside. “Where to?” Aria grinned down to her partner.

Izumi Shindo

Mentions: toxicdeliquency toxicdeliquency
Izumi let his eyes glide over the guests in the lobby, finding them to match his expectations of the usual crowd in a luxury hotel like this, old people, businessmen and even more old people. Izumi heaved a deep sigh, sure the hotel had some great facilities but was there really any point in enjoying them if he would only be surrounded by people two to four times his age.

Just as he was about to push himself off of the pillar he was resting against for a bit and head out of the hotel into the town he spotted a girl that looked to be around his age coming down the stairs.

He took his sunglasses off his forehead and slipped one of the legs of the sunglasses in the neck of his shirt. “What do you think buddy, should I go talk to her?” He asked his Jolteon who was seated in his backpack. Jolteon responded by placing his paws on Izumi’s shoulder and giving an affirmative cry.

As he approached her Izumi couldn’t help the nagging feeling that he had seen her before but eventually pushed the thought aside, after all, it wasn’t exactly uncommon for him to think he recognized someone only for it to turn out to be someone completely different, it just came with him meeting so many different people over the years.

“Hey, you here on vacation as well?” He started as he got close enough for the girl to hear him. He was about to say more but something at the girl’s feet caught his eye. Wait- Shaymin?! Izumi looked from the pokemon at her feet to the girl and back a few times before revealing a smile. “Well I’ll be damned. Aria? How long has it been?”

Pokemon OC.jpg
Elowen Diaz
Mentions: None
Interactions: None

"Sorry! So sorry, 'scuse me!"

It was as if everywhere she turned, someone was right in her path. Well... except that one guy she had bumped into. And that other moment where she had almost gotten ran over by the baby carriage. Those were definitely her fault. Elowen sighed, finally lowering her phone that displayed the map of Delphia Island.

"I think we're lost." She muttered to her partner who had been munching on a few Oran berries up until now.

"Bui?" Bambi glanced at her with a look similar to worry, but partly confusion. How had they gotten lost? They had a whole map and everything!

"I have no idea where this hotel is! I mean, I heard that this thing is like right in the center of the island, right? Maybe I'm making that up..." El tried thinking back to when she had done a bit of research on Santoris and it's many islands. One had to be well read before visiting a new place. That was her philosophy at least! But it seemed she had gotten something wrong.

"Bui, Buizel!" Bambi had snapped the trainer's attention back into reality as he pointed directly behind her. El pivoted on her heel (Again almost bumping into someone) and gazed up at the towering building that clearly read "Delphia Island Hotel" across the top. She felt her cheeks grow red, and not just because it was hot outside.

"Oh. Right. Um, onwards then." Tightening her grip on her satchel, she pranced around the crowd until they had made it to the entrance. The glass doors slid open without a sound and the pair wandered in with starry eyes.

"This place is amazing! It's so... big!" Just being in the lobby made her feel a bit out of place. Nothing on this island, especially this hotel, was anything like what was back home. Not that she had been expecting that, but it was still something that you just couldn't be prepared for. Following Bambi to the front desk, a young blond woman greeted the two with a toothy grin.

"Welcome to the Delphia Island Hotel! Is it just the two of you?"

"Actually I had a reservation! It was under Elowen Diaz I believe!" El returned the smile and waited as the lady typed something into the computer.

"Ah yes, miss Diaz! Welcome! I just need to see a few identification papers and we'll be all set!"

"Oh sure just let me," She dug around in her satchel until she pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, along with a few sticks of gum, a Pokeball, and a notepad that all ended up scattered around the floor.

"Oops." She stooped down to gather up her things as Bambi waddled over to help. She had already embarrassed herself twice in the one hour she had been here. Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back