• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Our Coma World

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)
(Read Before: Haven't tested this on mobile yet. If there's issues, try out reading on horizontal mode.
Most of the intro is told in second person, BUT the “you” isn't referring to your character. I want to set the scene using my character’s perspective so hopefully it won't be as monotonous as a regular setting description. I tried to do my best to differentiate between things specific to my character and things our characters will have in common, but just in case you are confused I will include a summary message at the end. Your character can have arrived whenever and be doing anything at the tavern as long as its nearby.
Although I have set it up a little, I encourage everyone to give your characters excuses to interact with each other. Maybe your character wants to challenge others to a card game, your character recognizes another and has been looking to buy something from them(make sure to read said character's ingame repuation), they want to engage in small talk, etc. Even if we kind of have to bullshit our way into forming dynamics. After setting up the dynamics, we are free to control the story as we please from there on out.
One last note, I have set up the current setting, but this is still primarily a sandbox. You can also control the setting as well. If you want your character to be served by a waitress, you can control that waitress, if you want your character to be in a brawl, you can control everyone in it, If you want your character to watch tv, you can control the news on the TV and so on. You can do as you wish to make things happen as long as they don’t disrupt anyone else's experience and doesn't contradict past established things.)

5:35 PM. November 17th, a Friday.---You just got back from some mindless carpentry job and now you seek something to make you feel, even if you need to be overstimulated to do so. The icy breeze pulls the slightly sharp smell of dead leaves to your nose. It's nearly holiday season, the time where many comatose people shut down and try to forget, and many of the conscious are out with their family or doing the same. You're trying not to be the latter..
Npcs.. well. This might be the only way they've experienced the holiday season. They don't know what they're missing out on. Out of the three options, npcs always been the most stress free to hang out with, but Eduardo might not approve of you choosing npcs over real people.

---At your Fireside is a popular tavern with a wide menu, although it specializes in smoked meats and roasted vegetables, it also serves comfort food like chicken tenders or fries. The architecture takes the feeling of a log cabin, with vibrant tigerwood in for its floor planks and vertical logs. Whenever a spot in the wall could feel too empty, either commissioned artworks of menu items or mounts of various in-game bosses are nailed in. The heads of blaze wyverns, fire salamanders, dragons and more.. all appropriately heat themed. You shiver. You always found those types of mobs too scary, even with your own intimidating avatar.. There's a jukebox in each room that plays some faded music, as it usually does from 7am-7pm until the night life seeps in. If you cared enough, you would put a coin in..

---Unlike the shadier taverns in the hub’s alleys, it's well lit and homely. Maybe too homely, as it sort of reminds you of somewhere else.. At least you won't get pickpocketed here. The jingle in your pocket reminds you of how much savings you're carrying..
You look above. Will-o-wisps claim their vessels in rustic jars tied onto copper chandelier frames by ropes. Wisps are a popular lighting option for businesses, fancy to simple like this one. As opposed to fireflies, wisps do not die and they are completely mindless, meaning anyone can humanely capture one with a jar using a fire as lure. How lucky they are, not to be programmed with a single thought.. With wisps there is a certain etiquette; the way the will-o-wisps are stored says a lot about the facility, as they usually take after the color and scent of the last thing they touched tenfold that isn’t a part of the jar. Based on what they last touched, they may even have different features too, although they don't differentiate much from balls of light. You always thought of them as cute, fancy candles.
Spas often have their wisps dipped in saltwater before they're jarred, which let fins of flying fish grow for their wings and make their spa smell like the beach. Farms will go for something potent like mint to cover up the smell of manure(giving their wisps mint leaves for wings), supernatural hangouts will probably have their wisps submerged in jars of blood so that vampires can smell them from miles and miles away(you know this all too well, since aquatic carnivores also has a good smell for that stuff..). Then there are the restaurants that often have wisps that universally compliment their menu. Eduardo’s had burnt pine cones. Their subtle sappy smell complimented grilled food well. But in the case of this smokehouse, the maroon wisps above smell strongly like BBQ sauce. Their wings look like little labels that you'd peel off the dipping sauce that comes with fast food. You've been here early on weekdays, so you still have the vivid memory of hearing flapping plastic whenever the jukebox paused.. But not tonight. The normally easy-to-navigate smokehouse had become a person labyrinth with plenty of voices to make finding a free table a journey through the smokehouse\taverb. You'd go back, but the voucher expires today, and you'd really rather not spend his anniversary alone. The voucher was given to all the silver rank a week ago, and many have already redeemed theirs's. It's your fault you kept delaying this, and now it's starting to look like you might lose the chance to get the free meal and drink.. It was such a good deal too, you could've chose anything, even the most expensive! It really doesn’t compare in the slightest to the real life instant ramen you had for dinner. As if to mock you, the specials are advertised all over on framed artwork; the smoked cockatrice leg and roasted mandrake stew are the most bragged about by them. It's enough to get your virtual stomach rumbling..

---Just like others in the silver rank, you're quite fortunate when it comes to vouchers, you have gotten plenty coming from At your Fireside before. It’s hard to get people to stay in one place in an open world like this, so those that stay at this city are greatly treasured, and you even have a rank to represent that..! Wood, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond.. You're halfway at being the most valued in the level 10s. People who get here either put in a lot of time, hard work, or maybe, even, they're just a charmer, but in your case.. You wouldn't have gotten here without a legacy to lean on.

---Hung above the bars, auburn wisps snooze in their jars. This is the area where many early drinkers gather, either looking exhausted or rejuvenated by the alcohol. Even not during the holiday season this is common. Many comatose don't care about the time, some have even lost their sense of it. You were hoping to at least get a drink, but.. bad luck. Even the staff, who chose their races for speed–harpies, beastkin, etc. were overwhelmed at the tight crowd hovering over the bar. It smells like whiskey, but from the patrons or wisps, heaven knows. By the looks of it, rooms could be already be all booked out by the drunkards alone.

---Led into by a large archway, the rec room lies. All the seating winds around the stage in the upper middle. The wisps here have bug-like wings that help them flutter excitedly in their jars, smelling like sweet, sugary honey. The light they emit is a happy golden that matches the set of windpipe instruments on the stage. Just shiny enough they could be used as a fun house mirror, if you were to go up close. This room tends to dive into jazz into the deep night, but the singers sometimes end up with familiar faces, so you want to get out before then, less they ask you how you've been handling the business..

---A sign in the middle of the room's entrance reads ‘reservations needed past 7pm. Otherwise, seat yourself.’ And seat yourself many did. No free tables without those material coded vases. Tables with those vases tend to be gatekept to the rank they represent, but if you're charming enough nobody really cares. The diamond vases has the fanciest tables with elaborate centerpieces and are closest to the stage. Platinum and gold have fancy huge booths and two person tables just behind diamond. And you, a silver, just have a few benches toward the middle, closely put together. It's okay. You like the middle ground, it's not too noisy. And at least it's better than wood and bronze, people are always loud over there. The complete opposite of the room from the stage, the few beat up tables looks honestly like more of a timeout.

---Plus you have plenty options to pass the time. On top the benches are buckets of sunflowers with card boxes underneath. Behind you is a crate with board games that says ‘please return’, although many of their pieces are missing anyways. Target boards for darts or knives are just a little far away from here. The staff is good like that, prepared for their patrons' possible uncomfortableness of sharing tables. There's also a few of them hustling around while balancing drink towers–ah.

--So alcohol may not be completely off the table after all. Rome is convinced.
Finally, he sighs and gives into the benches, tucking his large and awkward mosasaurus tail underneath the seat rest so it didn't trip some poor patron or staff. It's funny how this avatar species completely contrasts his desire not to be noticed.. But, since today he's here to fight that desire, it sort of works out.
Still, the table feels far too small. Maybe a drink will help him. Already knowing what he's about to pick, he looks around.
A giant crystal ball is hung on the corner of the ceiling, today's news is being told by a foxfolk woman in a fancy victorian suit and tie. She's standing at the heavily populated hub Square, 15 walk minute away. Everyone behind her seems like they have somewhere to go.
The news turns out to be nothing Rome is interested in. He’s here's for something.. more important. Let's see, who else is in the silver rank..?

WinterWonder75 WinterWonder75 mocca mocca CommanderNecro CommanderNecro Kveykva Kveykva Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu BadOmen BadOmen II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II IDKnuggets IDKnuggets SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles
(Finally, the intro post! The new year got me good. Schedules finally a little more clear for a while. Although I'll still be busy, I'm going to have more time to manage my rps! Apologies for the haitus! I can't promise how fast or slow my posts will be, if any of you don't want to be in this rp anymore, be free to tell me or subtly leave. <3 )

Why our characters are here: Just in case you are confused by the intro post, our characters all have a free meal voucher in At your Fireside thanks to their rank in the level 10's guild and today is the last day they can redeem. It's busy, so the only tables left (if they didn't arrive earlier) are those that are arranged for the silver rank. There's only two benches, and they are very closely put next to each other, so our characters can see each other and might be forced to interact, if they don't already have a reason to do so(which I strongly recommend that you give them).
In your first post, be free to divulge into details about your character. How has their day, week, month, or even year been? Are they here for more reasons than just to redeem a voucher? Be free to fill in the blanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back