[Race For The Queen's Juniper] Ye Olde Scurvy Dogge

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
This here be the Scurvy Dogge, not a place to bicker and argue over crew differences, not to cross blades. This is a safe haven for both Aetherblade and Cloud Peril alike, neutral ground to discuss topics, tactics, and most of all, get friendly with the other charries. No fighting, bickering, brawling, name-calling, or the barkeep, a stout man with the well deserved nickname Horst The Breaker will show you the door at high velocity.

Chat about your charrie, make boasts of feats and skills, swap tall and not-so-tall tales, but rem'ber, this isn't the RP, so save the actual showing of heroics and swashbuckling to the High Seas (or Airs, as it were).

"Jeez, Sloth, would you just calm down, I'm sure they have things without alcohol, you can drink...." Breezy rolled her eyes, as the two entered the Scurvy Dogge. She waved to the barkeep, Horst the Breaker, and went up ordering a drink. "Just what I needed, thanks Breaker!" She grinned at him, before walking down to an empty table, motioning for Brooksleuth to come along.

@VolcanicMagma

Brooksleuth had left his violin by the Hangman's Remose, but not the bow. The musician was glaring at Breezy the entire time they were walking to the Scurvy Dogge. "I don't mind th' rum, 'tis just th' after-effects, ye look even stupider when ye're drunk."

His arms were crossed as he scanned the drink options, Breezy already had ordered a deink and gesturing him to her table. Brook tore his disgusted gaze from the front and back to Breezy.

"They got nothin' for me, as usual."

@khuyen

"Oh come on, don't be such a party pooper! I'll get something for you..." Breezy was feeling nice today, which could explain why she was out having a drink with the sloth. She got up to the barkeep ordering a glass of juice, to which he raised an eyebrow at her. "It's not for me..." She shook her head with a smile, nodding over to Brooksleuth at the table. Coming back, she set the glass on the table, sitting down.

It was hard knowing what to talk about, when they weren't constantly bickering, so Breezy just took a large gulp of her drink, sighing contentedly. Ah this is the life.

Jackson comes up from the cellar, rolling a barrel behind the counter, "Here y'are, Horst mate, last of the good ol' Geronimo Stilton draft." Jackson smacks the dust and dirt off of his hands a few times, he generally works to help Horst around here, this is practically his second (or possibly third or fourth) home. Seeing a few tables with customers, some without drinks, he stops by and asks if he can serve up a few pints of something foamy and refreshing. Reaching the Aetherblade table, he recognized Brook, of course, though the lass was a new face. He knew Horst's rules about fights, normally, he and Brooks would be at it fisticuffs by now, but this was his time off, he didn't want to ruin it with a fuss. He couldn't help make the comment, "Can I fetch anything extra for you fine ladies this afternoon?" He gave Brooks a sly sidewards glance, a hint of smile curling the right side of his lips.

@VolcanicMagma

Brooksleuth instinctively went to reach for his violin when he was bored, but instead of feeling the solid instrument, he grasped empty air. Why did he even leave it in the first place, anyway? Like Breezy and him were gonna talk casually for a change. If that were to happen, The Queen's Juniper would've already been their's. (Sorta bad cus it sorta suggests that it won't happen idk)

He didn't notice that Breezy got up from the table to order another drink. 'Damn ta hell, look's like I'll be wit' a drunken Breezy.' When Breezy returned with a glass of juice, his features into confusion and awkwardness. " 'tis all ye could get? Ah whatever, no need to waste thin's." Brook muttered as he took the glass and gulped it in time with his fellow crew member.

This atmosphere felt odd, casual and no hints of arguments surfacing between the two. Brooksleuth grinned as he bit the glass juice with his teeth, holding it in place without his hands. Everything was going so well. Until the Ass Cloud came in.

"Can I fetch anything extra for you fine ladies this afternoon?"

Brook's grin fell almost instantly but he kept the glass between his teeth, so he couldn 5 retort nastily back. Just when everything was going so damn well too.

@Stickdom @khuyen

(Poor brook)

Anni just smiled at Brooksleuth's disappointed expression at the juice. "Don't worry, Sloth, I put rum in there for ya. Rum and pineapple juice, tastes nice right?" She smirked at him, gauging his reaction. For some reason, he never liked drinking with her, which was weird, since she'd be nice to him, when she had drunk a few beers. She finished her first drink in record time, feeling the pleasant buzz of alcohol warm her body.

She turned her head to the newcomer, smiling pleasantly at him. Little did she know, that he was in fact a rival. "Another drink would be nice!" She raised her glass, oblivious to the bad vibes between Brooksleuth and the guy. He was an elf as well, and Breezy caught herself staring at his ears. She had always been fascinated by their ears.

@VolcanicMagma

Just as Breezy had finished her drink, damn that was quick, she raised her glass and asked for another one. Brooksleuth frowned and clenched the glass tighter between his mouth, then in one fluid movement, spat it out at the direction of the Ass Cloud. It was a terrible try on throwing something with his mouth, and the glass' content tipped over the table but managed to splash onto some of the other's clothes.

"More fo' me too, same mix." Brook added, licking the dripping juice that was mixed with rum from his lips. Pineapple and a bit o' rum wasn't bad, least it won't get him drunk, unlike Breezy. From the way she was acting right now, he guessed she was already drunk. Brook had an urge to hit her on the back of the head to snap her out of it, but what difference would it make? Nevertheless, it didn't stop the musician from doing so.

@khuyen

@Stickdom

"Well, what'll it be? Another stout rum, is it? Just gimme a moment." He took her glass, slid it across the counter to Horst and pointed at the barrel with a spout on it, "On my tab there, Horst, take it off my pay." He wiped his hands on his apron and went around to a few empty tables, waxing them down with a cloth and a packet of an oily substance, just a polish to make it shine. He snagged the mug in midair as it came flying off of the counter by Horst's push, quickly turned to the table, setting it in front of the lass. As he did so, he heard Brook ask for another, now covered in juice, "Coming right up, mate." He filled it up himself this time, mostly rum, with a large splash of juice, Brook looked like he could use some more "Umph" to get his blood flowing. Jackie set it down in front of him and looked at them both, mostly at the girl.

She was confusing, the complexion of a Naiad, but obviously a human. Which would probably explain her gaze looking at his overly pointed ears, especially since his left one had at least seven small gold rings on it. He had removed a few for work, another sailor had had his ear ripped clean off wearing more, and Jackie didn't feel like losing a prominent feature of his head.

He turned back to Horst and began a chat about the recent weather, the fair skies and the heavy merchant traffic recently. Jackson though it best to keep away from Brook for now, he had had his little jest, now to let him sit in it, Jackie had more important work to do.

Edit: fixed it to add in Brook's last post.

"Jeez, sloth, what the hell!" In an attempt to spit at the elven guy, Brook had managed to spill his perfectly fine drink all over the table and onto Breezy's skirt. She stood up, trying to 'brush' the liquid off of the fabric. She sighed and sat down as well, looking awkwardly between Brook and the stranger. She watched the stranger pay no attention to Brook though and went to fetch them some more drinks. Was he a waiter? Breezy had never seen him here before...

She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts as Brook hit her on the head. Glaring at him, she rubbed her head. " What was that for?!" She was going to come up with a snarky comment, when the stranger returned with their drinks.

"Oh, you're buying for us? How very nice of you." She couldn't help but roll her eyes a bit, but it was purely out of habit. Her face wore a kind smile, the smile only free alcohol could bring out. She grabbed the mug, drinking it happily, as if it was the best thing in the world. It might be. "What's up with you and him? Did he steal your girl or something?" She asked Brook, when the guy had left them again.

Edit: cuz i can't read properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brook reached for his new glass and gave her a side-ways glance.

"Nay, th' guy can't get a woman from th' very start." He replied, his grin returning. Breezy must be out of it, not recognising a Ass Cloud. That, or Brooksleuth actually paid attention to the other pirate group, unlike her.

He played with his glass and continued, "The man's an Ass Cloud, Breezy. Or ye too drunk to realise that? See, this is what I mean, ye act stupider then ye are when drunk."

@khuyen

(Mmm Im getting to it, hmmmmmmmm!!!)

Barbarossa swaggered into the tavern, dressed in his usual, oddly feminine clothing. He went up to the counter and ordered a nice old glass of whiskey. Looking back, he noticed someone covered in juice. Well, if it wasn't an Aetherblade, looking rather displeased with his sopping state. "Did you douse that one, Jackie, or did the Chicken Blade not need your help making a fool of himself?" He asked, chuckling, adopting the voice of a slightly rough, young adult female.

6a0134804df3cb970c01910482ce62970c-500wi

Lilith meanders into place and sits herself down in a chair, propping her feet up on the edge of the table. She watches as her crew members and the Chicken Blades, decide to further ruffle each other's feathers. Snickering, she take a look at Barb or Barbie, as she likes to call him. The poor fellow looks a little lost in dusty tavern. "Ey, Barbs! Quite the uh...attire ya choose today".

Switching to gruff man voice, "Barbs" shouted back at Lilith, "Cause we all know ye appreciates some good style, eh, Li'l?" He laughed good-naturedly and plopped himself next to her, drink in hand. "So, what brings ye to this dusty ole neck o' the woods now, Bosun, me dear lass?"

"Nah, he did it hisself, Barb. I was takin' the lady's request when he done it, not sure if he was drinking through his nose or what." He laughed, the Aetherblade musician always put him in a good mood, just because he was so much fun to pick on. "I'm off work in a few minutes, so I'm gonna head over to the workshop to keep up on that project for the ship." Jackie walked past Lilith as he went to the back room, tipping his hat to his officer, "Bosun. I'm off, so keep in mind that Horst doesn't like the bringing up of factions in here, I know how he and ye like to pick a good row. Just see ta yer step, ma'am, or he may see ya out the window."

Jackie half-folded his apron and tossed it into a laundry bin, then grabbed his jacket and made a momentary stop by the Aetherblade's table. "Keep a sharp eye, Brook, and I'm sure we'll see each other real soon. Watch your back, or I may be poking it with a cutlass to see if you have a heart after all." With these words, he pulled his jacket on, grinned wryly and winked at the lass, who he assumed was either an Othermaid herself, or some poor girl who didn't know the mess she got herself into if she saw something attractive in Brook. A quick nod to them both, then to Barb and Lil, and he was out the saloon-style doors, leaving them swinging and a-swaying in his wake.

"I'm not drunk..." She muttered, but felt the slight tint of red in her cheeks betray her words. Drunk was a bit of an exageration, she was just feeling... tipsy perhaps. The bar was suddenly crawling with "Ass-clouds" as Brook so affectionately called them.

This was neutral turf though, why'd they have to go around picking at each other? Couldn't they just all be one happy- "Okay, maybe I've had a bit too much too fast..." She admitted, frowning at her own train of thought. The stranger, who was apparently also a Cloud, came up to them once again with one last taunting notion. Breezy felt a pang of annoyance seep through her. He winked at her. Did he just wink at her? The nerve! She couldn't help but stick her tongue out at him at his back, seeing as he was already too far away for her to make a smartass reply.

"Jeez, this place used to be so nice. Maybe we should just go back to the ship, Sloth. I'm sure Chef has some rum, we can have." She grinned an unusual grin at him, as her eyes flickered to the two other Clouds near the bar.

Brook ignored the elven Ass Cloud and just took a sip from his glass. He already had someone to banter with, he didn't need another one. He heard the creaking of the Scurvy Dogge's doors swaying open then back, signalling that Jackson had left. It was great that one already had left, but more of them had to come.

The words coming from Breezy's mouth of returning to the ship sounded like music to his ears. But they weren't gonna leave without a grand exit right?

"I'll be glad to return to th' Hangman's Remorse, since Cynphony's back thar. But we ain't leavin' just like this, are we?" Brooksleuth asked, a sneaky tone slithered into his voice. Breezy's eyes were at the other two Ass Clouds, maybe...just maybe, they could do something to repay for Jackson's kindness.

(In-class reply, hella.)

Her face snapped to Brooksleuth and she narrowed her eyes at his tone. "Waaaait...." She knew that look. "What are you planning, you sneaky rubberbutt..." Her eyes were still narrowed at him, but the corner of her lips tugged into a smile.

"Oh, shoot, I didn't bring any of my stinkbombs... But you're right, that's a stupid idea, Horse would kick me out immediately. Actually if we do anything, won't they just kick us out? I don't want to be kicked out..." She started ranting for a little bit, ending it with a large gulp of her now finished drink. She blinked twice at Brooksleuth, wondering why they always fought. But they were still friends right? And friends have each other's backs, when ass-clouds are being buttheads! She nodded to herself.

He gave her another good whack on the head. This was the prankster of the Aetherblades! She's got to have something planned, at least. But Breezy had a point, they would get kicked out either way, but who cares? Maybe if they escaped right after whatever they did, it wouldn't look like they were being kicked out...right? Brook's logic.

Brooksleuth tapped rhythmically on the tabletop as Breezy finished her second drink. What could they do, what could they do. "If we did it fast enough, we can make our escape befor' Horse kicks us out." He replied, occasionally glamcing at the Ass Clouds.

Brook wasn't much of a person that could think of a good prank, but he loved pulling one off.

"Though, it depends on the actual thing we're gunna do. Ye gonna help me try do somethin' or do ye wanna walk out without leaving a mark?"

Lilith watched as Jackson left the tavern. Well damn, now it was just her and Barb now. She laughed at his warning before he left and gave the other elf a small nod to show she understood. Oh she would leave the Chicken Blades alone, as long as that strings player and miss fart pants, kept to their side of the place. Lilith chanced a glance over to the two Blades after Jackson left and contemplated sneaking off and hopping onto the Aetherblade. Stealing Mr. High and Mighty's hunk of junk, sounded so tempting at the moment.

Thinking it over, Lilith decided not to for today. For today was a day of relaxation and drink. Even if she didn't really partake in the consuming of bitter and tasteless ale. Sitting next to her cap'n though, even Lilith wouldn't tell the barmaid no on a mug of the stuff. Taking a sip of her drink, she narrowed her eyes at the two and wondered just what they were up to.

Sent from my XT907

"Horst, one of your strongest, if you'll please. Something preferably with no decimal points and a factor of 5 in alcohol composition." Novena Brightwall slumped into a seat by the counter. She had spent the whole night burning up lantern oil to figure out an equation she had found when perusing the libraries, but even come daybreak, she had failed to make heads or tails of it, and was reasonably distraught at her failure. How could she, the Number Queen, fail to resolve an equation? She had departed the ship for the Ye Olde Dogge to submerge her sorrows in alcoholic beverages, and possibly to lose all memory of her failure.

Unfortunately for both parties of Cloudcutter and Hangman's Remorse, she was in no way very tolerable of their actions, especially in Horst's turf, where it was established that there would be no rivalries to be carried out in the vicinity. Horst, himself, was looking plenty fed up with her crew and that digit's crew's bullshit. Novena did not wish to be thrown out the door when she was just getting settled for a drink. She had also left her megaphone back at the ship, which made it worse for her. She didn't exactly feel like raising her voice. She exuded an exhausted groan and picked up the mug which Horst had dispensed in front of her.

"Attention, 000s," she turned to face the rival crews, her voice just slightly raised, so both parties could hear her, "real quick-like, but this is neutral turf, guys. That goes 4 you 2, Cloudcutters. Let's not start what we can't finish without Horst kicking our scalars out of here." She took a sip from her mug, and let the alcohol burn her throat, savoring the taste, then turned her gaze to the Aetherblades. "Real sorry about their behaviour, 'specially Jack's. Rules gotta be followed in Horst's turf. I'll make sure he gets his equations comin' to him." She gave a light smile. It was a place of repose, Horst's tavern, and she didn't feel like doing anything much for the rest of the day. "So any delicious stories about your cap'n? Haven't got a boyfriend yet, I heard." She snickered into her mug and took another gulp of burning drink. "That's just fine. My own personal record of lovers is exactly 0." Gossip was the next best thing she could come up with. Besides, with their shifty expressions and whispering, there was probably nothing better in their heads. She might as well try and douse the flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back