Like Dust, We'll Rise

Charlene

Although it was the early evening, the clouds still littered the sky like the dilapidated buildings that were scattered across the ground. The cool, crisp air, however dry, bit at the cheeks of the female as she trudged her way through the out-of-control grass that grew nearly waist-high. The sky was dreary, as was their current surroundings. The city was not too far off in the distance, but there was a layer of fog that was beginning to creep its way through the area. The whispering, dying breaths of breeze that brushed the bangs out of Charlene's face smelled so dead. The dead. That was what she was avoiding.

"What if you were them?" She mumbled incoherently as she continued to take quiet steps through the grass. The female was known to mumble to herself. The young woman knew that no one could hear her, but it gave her pleasure in knowing that she could voice her opinion, or thoughts without having to hear people sneer back at her. Just perfect. No one could do anything about it. Then, there was a noise. A soft rustling in the grass at first, then a screech, followed by others far off in the distance. They had heard it's cry, and were probably going to come as soon as they could. However thinned out they were in this city, they would still come as fast as they could. Although, their numbers though would prove to be pathetic.

With a cat-like pounce, Charlene made her way quickly through the grass, unsheathing two kukri blades as she gazed the being straight in the eyes. They were glazed over, rotting in their sockets. There was no sign of coherence. She skid to the right of the undead wretch, spinning on her heel and taking a step behind the decomposing shambler. This was all done quicker than it could react, and just as she heard it inhale and ready to make a screech worthy of a band of banshees, both blades were suddenly crossed and brought across it's neck.

(Hey, I'm really sorry for wasting your time cause I really wanted to do this. But I just got slammed at school with work and I don't think I'll be able to continue for a few weeks. And with other RPs I'm doing I just kinda had to cut off some. I'm sorry I'd like to try to try to work on this when my work clears up again.)

[MENTION=4519]SivVolk[/MENTION] Hey that's alright! Everyone gets busy sometimes, it's life. Take your time and post when you can, it'll always be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back