Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• I'd have to say yes

• Total voters

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
before you yell at me "OF COURSE IT DOES" remember that this charm actualy does little that hearthstone of perpetual wellness doesnt, besides from making it more difficult to disrupt.

Medicine 8

Essence 8

Cost 30 motes of essence 4 willpower and 1 permanent essence (see below)

Effect.

The solar must prepare this charm in advance (though it does not need to be commited) consecrating a place (usualy a manse) with his power... and leaving behind a orichulam reproduction of his cast mark somewhere in it.

when he is struck a killing blow it allows him one last chance to cheat death.

he may activate this charm as a reflexive action at the moment of death which may EXPLICITLY be activated even if hes allready used charms in that turn.

if he does not have sufficent essence or willpower, he may burn dots of essence to get 10 motes of temporary essence each (and dots of willpower to get points temporary each)

his soul leaps to meet the prepared symbol causing it to glow as it becomes his caste mark.

over next 10- essenece days his new body forms...

its still exceedingly vulnerable and could probaly be destroyed with little effort... unless the exalted took precautions to defend the place in advance (which of course he would)

At the end of this the exalted awakens and may resume his existence, doubltless to the great costernation of whoever tried to kill him.

I think it is thematically not really fitting for solars but meh, the powerlevel seems ok even though the permanent essence cost is too much I think.

I think doing that kinda thing with an abyssal would probably involve more "as your the death blow is dealt to your character, you activate this charm and he falls to the floor, apparently dead, rising from his grave or the resting place of his body at any point 24 hours after his "death", per dot of permanent essence he possesses"... or something :P

Actually... abyssals come back as ghosts already. Shame that the powerlevel is way too high for dragonblooded. I can see it being woodaspected somehow.

Stillborn said:
Safim said:
Actually... abyssals come back as ghosts already.
Only with the benefit of a specific Charm.

-S
Yes I know. I was posting this cause I thought it was not appropriate for abyssals without being able to put my finger on the why. Now that I thought about it I think it is not appropriate for abyssals cause I can not see them giving up the chance to join the void and dissolve in it. Yes they are dutiful servants sacrificing themselves for the good of creation... but everything ends and accepting that is part of the philosophy behind the void cult.

Not even all of the Deathlords are heartfelt devotees of the Void. Some of them were just pissed off, and took an opportunity to get revenge. Why should the Abyssals that serve them be somehow universally pure in their motives?

-S

Stillborn said:
Not even all of the Deathlords are heartfelt devotees of the Void. Some of them were just pissed off, and took an opportunity to get revenge. Why should the Abyssals that serve them be somehow universally pure in their motives?
-S
Good point, but the question is if the abyssal exaltation is what limits the charm development potential or the personal morale of the abyssal in question. I personally would argue that it is the exaltation and not the person. That is why I argued in the way I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back