[Overlord: Shards of Immortality] The Lower Levels - Dungeon

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Gnarl began to descend down the steps to the Dungeon where the air smelled worse than your backstabbing wench of a mother. Giggling because he had made another mom joke in his head Gnarl reached the bottom and looked around the ire dungeon with a small smile. “Ah...the memories of this place. It was like it was only yesterday” he said to himself as he looked around and thought how great it was that the dungeon survived for the most part. “Master Day will be most pleased that something other then the forge survived” he said as he went deeper into the dungeon entering the cell where a corpse of a female paladin laid all mangled and abused. Gnarl made a noise showing how disgusted with this being but was pleased that she was dead.

“Wench” he said as he kicked her corpse over turning her right-side-up and went about her belongings. He knew that the reason Cayle was not reviving was because of the fact that his remains had been completely destroyed by this wench some time shortly before the core imploded. He watched as the tower’s energies began entering the cell and toward the corpse’s pouch where he pulled out a ring belonging to master Cayle. He smiled because the tower did not need his remains, no that made it easier but this ring, this object which was always with Cayle would do just fine as a reconstruction focus. He tossed it into the air as the energies of the tower began to reconstruct Cayle out of nothing starting with the finger that went into the ring, after finishing his revival he fell to the ground naked “Ah welcome back. There’s no time to waste we have one more person to awaken come along.” he said as he led Cayle down deeper into the cold dark dungeons with only Gnarl’s little lantern for light.

There was a special prisoner imprisoned here at the furthest level of the dungeon so far that even Cayle did not know existed. There laid the impaled corpse of Eratio who had an interesting emotional episode during the siege on the tower, he had been doing things in favor of the enemy to the point where restraining and sending him to the dungeon was the only option but not before he quickly changed personalities and began slaughtering the enemy. Even though he had done this he was still a danger because his personality kept shifting. Gnarl approached the corpse and begun to watch as the energies of the tower started to also enter the corpse but something was amiss.

The corpse began to flinch and experience convulsions. Reaching out, Gnarl put his hand on the corpse’s forehead, hoping to qualm the resting general. Instead, he felt a force reach out towards his existence. The energy was powerful, and its composition appeared to be constructed from the emotion of fear. Withdrawing his palm Gnarl acted quickly jumping backwards, as the energy followed Gnarl’s hand leaving the body of the deceased general. Its appearance in the dungeon was disheartening, as the red cloud of mist possessing distorted movements, did not speak but instead made screeches and groans similar to an animal under the effects of rabies. Surging after Gnarl, the force began spread throughout the underground chamber. Obligate into a combat situation, Gnarl moved into action, spreading out his hands and creating a magical field that connected all of his fingers. The design of his movements, conjured a great light that would have blinded any in the room. It was effective, and the groans of the monster could still be heard echoing across dungeon as it fled into the reaches of the dark. After the spirit was gone the General’s body began to revive as normal with out any influences.

Cayle

Cayle's consciousness was returning, slowly but surely. He felt things coming back, his perceptions on the world returning as the associated functions of his being materialized from the air. What a troublesome process... His view was hazy and red, just as it had been when he was dying. Wait. He was dead, wasn't he? He looked to his left as his naked body flopped to the floor, his body unable to perceive what happened as he materialized and fell. Now that it was able to perceive, though, his gaze fell lazily onto his left hand, which held no rings. He looked to the right, which held one, and he remembered the death he experienced at the hands of a rather... Voluptuous paladin. He stood up, finding little solace in the way of clothing. Normally he would be more than happy to just do this, as he had done so in the company of numerous women in the past, but it was colder than a witch's tit in this place.

Shivering, he rubbed his hands together on his shoulders and looked at the corpse of the guilty Paladin. What a curious thing, that the only remnants of clothing would be the equivalent of a burlap sack. It was like a towel, just smaller. He wrapped it around his hips like a loincloth, convincing himself it was contributing to the warmth of life he experienced. He held his hands to his hips, trying to keep it up.

When the monster however, was fought off, he may have dropped the loincloth to the ground. Most unpleasant. He nervously grabbed it, and just held it over his groin to keep that part of his 'family jewels' from falling off. Didn't help much. Luckily for him, the resurrection kept his musculature relatively intact. With a glance down, he took comfort in how his reaction to the temperature was a sign that he still looked delectable to the women. Well, when he wore more appropriate attire anways.

"Gnarl, you'd imagine that with all of our magic we'd concoct some kind of heating or cooling enchantment throughout the Tower... Like conditioning the air to warm or cool. But what do I know, we're in a foreign part of the dungeon for me. Who is this fellow, and why'd he get all the abuse before his death?"

Eratio, the Traitor

Slowly, Eratio opened his eyes. Last he remembered, he had been fighting the lords of the Alliance... and now he was chained. And then he remembered- remembered betraying the Overlord, revealing the Tower's weaknesses... then the duel with the leader, the "King", his sword howling right to the King's cheek, the king then parrying. He ducked and slashed at the calf, forcing the king to sidestep and cut to the chest, as Eratio spun and cut forward... only to find the King's sword in his chest... the darkness, closing about him, the indescribable pain he had been feeling all that time... He looked about him, groggily shaking his head. His armor and Crowcall were not at his side. He then noticed that, in front of him, was Gnarl. Thank goodness, Gnarl is still alive... Somehow he was in dungeon. So, someone knew of his betrayal... Why had he betrayed the Overlord? So much confusion...

He smiled, a kind that looked like it belonged to a snake. Trying to move about was going to be tough, considering that chains held his arms behind him, forcing the former General to a form that looked penitent. He looked about, and saw, unsurprisingly naked, the womanizer Cayle. Eratio tried to move, but his hands were, as mentioned before, chained behind him and outward. "Gnarl... what's happened..? How long has passed? Who else is alive? Where... where's the Overlord?" He felt that, for some reason, the Tower was in danger. Then he realized it... He could hear and feel a pounding sound...

The sound of catapults.

Gnarl smiled as he never got tired of watching the generals be confused, it was slightly amusing to him. "Oh you know this and that" said the tiny minion master. "I do think however that we should get a move on before we are under attack" he said to you with what appears to be a grin on his mouth.

Cayle

Cayle heard the catapults, and groaned. "If you need help with these things, Gnarl, you could've at least given me some clothes. I can't fight naked unless you think my well-endowed form is going to scare away the vile people trying to tear down the place."

He laughed at this notion, knowing a bitter remark was coming out of it. Either way, he still needed clothing. "Well, let's get gone then, to kill some heroes. I imagine you can fill me in on the details like how long I was dead and the like after we're done getting attacked. Right?" He shuddered, arguably from the cold, but also arguably from the fact that he was dreading the catapults making him die again. Death was so boring... No women to sleep with in it. "Just give me a quick briefing for the two of us Gnarl and lead us where we need to after showing us where our clothes are, I can't stand this cold place."

Eratio, the Traitor

"You know I won't be of any use chained up, Gnarl... unlock me please." The General tried not to think about the pain in his chest, where he had been impaled for who knows how long?

He glanced up, and began to notice dust falling from the ceiling, along with... more substantial objects. If the bombardment kept up, the Tower would crumble around their ears. "Gnarl, please say that the humans attacking are our only worry? Please?"

Gnarl looked tired for a moment as he explained for the millionth time what has happened these 100 years and gives Cayle and Eratio a run down of the missing core and overlord after that he moves on to the matter at head taking in a deep breath. "Oh not at all, theres also some sort of living plant on the roof top that took the last piece of the core and by extension our link to this world. So you know....whatever. We will either be blown up to bits or vanish woohoo!" He said with a bit of sarcasm in his voice as he began pulling the chains off. After a few seconds of unable to to struggle with them he hissed something in another language and they just came off on their own and fell off Eratio. "I'm sure the others need your help so get it, oh and Eratio as much as you fascinate the wenches running around like that I'd suggest you check that chest over here that used to contain the cloths of prisoners and see if you can find anything intact after 100 years." he said as he sat down taking a deep breath muttering to him self about being too old for this and watching you both run off into action.

Out of Character: Okay once you do your next posts in this thread you can have an exit link to either the gate or the rooftops and then you have to post your entrance there.

OOC: Eratio isn't the hedonist...

Eratio, the Traitor

Eratio was quick. After 100 years of rest, the only pain was a massive hole in his chest- no biggie at all. Quickly, he was able to locate and don his midnight armor and black blade Crowcall. Taking the steps two at a time, his intent was obvious- the Gate. The white haired General looked back to Cayle, who had also found his suave clothing. No worry anymore about fainting ladies...

He approached the antechamber, not having even stopped at the Main Hall, and slowed, hearing voices, and prepared for the battle, shaking with anticipation and joy. For too long, Crowcall hadn't brought its death-caw.

-Exit to the Gate-

Cayle

At this, Cayle found everything to be most unpleasant. What kind of wakeup call was this? The worst one, that's what. He went to the chest as Eration was recovering, and found some prisoner rags. He put them on, and became irritated with their rough, burlap feeling. A grin struck his face, followed by a snap of his fingers. A spell he had concocted on the spot restored his old, suave attire from these rags. He was now quite comfortable, and slowly returning to a normal temperature.

"Well then, let's get to saving the tower, shall we Eratio?"

Exit to The Gate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back