• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bridesmaid

Idylllic

chlobo
I laid on my cream framed bed as my best-est in the whole wide world came rushing in, screaming, flailing her arms around everywhere. her mouth presented a paparazzi- ready grin while she squealed and jumped. "I going to get married!" she bellowed, loud enough to burst out my ear drum. At first i didn't think she was serious "Yeah, okay there Em" I retorted, rolling my eyes Emily's mouth curled into a frown while she hastily ambled to the bed "You have to believe me, Hayden" She urged, showing off her left hand. More specifically, her ring finger.

When people said that you should only accept a marriage if the man gave you a big rock, they were right indeed. Luke had purchased the most breathtaking ring i had ever witnessed, and i saw many of them through the passed years. Every bit of the ring sparkled under the light , and the circular diamond in the middle added the perfect touch to it. "Holy Sh*t" I exclaimed, grabbing her hand. As I admired the sight of the beautiful jewelry, i simpered to myself. My best friend was really lucky. "Since when? I didn't think this was actually going to be real, Em. Wow, this is no joke"

"I know it isn't" Emily admitted, the pep in her voice starting to make a comeback. Then, she casually changed the subject. "He proposed almost three hours ago, we where strolling by a store" Her gaze appeared dumb founded, the proof of her love still evident "He was so nervous, Hayden. It made me laugh. Luke was just too cute about it" I chuckled lightly, slowly letting go of her fingers. "I'm so happy for you two," i told her honestly, sighing in a perky way. "Congratulations, Em"

Emily couldn't seem happier. She was head over heals for Luke. They dated all thorough the last year three years adn courted one year before that, when we were still in high school. I faintly smiled as i remembered the times when Emily would go on and on about Luke, through our late night conversations on the phone. I couldn't they were actually engaged, soon to be wed at the end of the aisle. It felt abundantly unreal. "I have one more thing to say," Emily added giving me that look that scared me half to death. I hated it when she shot me those big innocent-looking eyes at me. "What?" i asked, really annoyed "I want you to be my maid of honor
"

@Saaaaaarah

"Are you kidding me?!" Lucas asked, outraged, as he looked at his best friend, Luke, "You're marrying her?!" Lucas groaned and then looked at his best friend as if he were an idiot. "You do know that this means you and her will be together till," he scrunched up his face before saying, "death do you part!" Lucas watched as Luke just sat there with a huge smile on his face. "I'm in love," Luke said, "She's such a beautiful person. She's the one, man, she's the one." Lucas massaged his head, suddenly feeling a migraine coming on. "How do you know she's the one? You two have only known each other for how long again?" He asked. Luke continued to smile and said, "A year. I'm telling you Lu, Emily is amazing. She's different from Samantha." Lucas simply shook his head and said, "I hope you know what you're doing, my friend. I really do." It wasn't as if Lucas wasn't happy for his friend to find "the one" but he had been through this before and he saw how distraught Luke was after catching his ex-fiance, Samantha, hooking up with a waiter in the bathroom on their wedding day. How was his best friend sure that he could trust Emily? After the whole situation with Samantha, Lucas had always been cautious of the women Luke dated. Sure, Lucas liked Emily but he didn't want to see his best friend hurt. "I know what I'm doing, Lu, she's no Samantha. Besides, wouldn't you want to be there for your best friend?" Luke asked. Lucas simply nodded and Luke continued, "I want you to be my best man, of course. Oh, and remember Emily's got that friend who you thought was hot? Hayden?" At the sound of Hayden's name, Lucas' eyes lit up. Lucas had always tried to throw hints at both Emily and Luke about hooking him and Hayden up. Lucas remembered going to high school with her even though he rarely paid her any attention, considering he was always chasing other girls. Of course, he was still chasing girls but when he saw Hayden one night when they went on a double date with Luke and Emily, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She acted somewhat strange around him so Lucas thought she wasn't interested which caused him to back off. "Alright, alright. I'm in." Lucas said, smiling then hugging his best friend, constantly congratulating him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back