• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Gateway To Another Time. (Interest Check)

Wiggle

the best of the best, ya heard
Hello! I had an idea for an RP that had been floating around in my head for a little bit. it'll be a kind of post-apocalyptic type RP but with a twist. We've all heard about the ideas of an alternate timeline, where other versions of yourself live, and have made different choices from the you in your timeline. So, imagine our world, everything the exact same, such as placement of buildings, continents, governments, people and so on, but the world has been devastated by the collapse of the economy, then the governments, and then the world as we know it. I was thinking a sort of divergence from our timeline around the Great Depression, but instead of getting better, it just got worse.....and worse.....and worse. With the Allies losing World War II, and then the Third Reich collapsing soon after Hilter's death, the world crumbles and begins to deteriorate until nothing is really left of the old world, and just small tribes remain. Then fast forward a few hundred years, where Humanity has began to rebuild itself in the ruins of the old world, and factions have risen and fallen and now there are two large one and a few small ones. One is modeled after the Old World's Third Reich, and the other after the Old World's Allied Powers. The leader of the faction that idolizes the old worlds Nazi Empire, believes he is the direct descendant of Adolf Hitler and has found Old World research of their alternate dimension research. The old world Nazi's had found an artifact that allowed them to travel dimensions, and then began to plan their Alternate Dimension Blitzkrieg, but never were able to execute this lighting war due to the downfall. The Leader of this faction plans to connect the dimensions and rally the Alternate Dimension's Third Reich's and reign as the new world's Hitler. Now enter a small faction, called The Samaritans. They exist across every dimension, and their mission is to keep things in balance according to their dimensions path. This RP would focus on this faction and their mission to stop this NW Hitler from completing his insane quest. Will this group of Samaritans fail to stop him or will they succeed? Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in this adventure.

Selective jumping within a Many Worlds Hypothesis is usually a flexible premise. You don't need to alter the Great Depressions for your Alternate Universe to come about, but that is being fussy. The premise has potential, but it may be a suggestion to rewrite it to be a bit more clear. Use Fourth Reich for newly risen faction or clarify if travel between realities/dimensions involves time travel or if they are temporally contiguous with each other i.e. exist both in the same year. Who are the Samaritans and how do they know what the supposed path of their timeline is? Perhaps a similar device to one that allows travel, but instead of travel, instead shows what the timeline is "supposed" to be like.

It's just a thought, and it's not hammered out yet. But I appreciate your input, as there are many great ideas that I will use. So are you interested in joining the RP or not?

I tend to prefer games with a system, as I feel it help give structure and fairness to everyone involved, from both player and ST/GM perspectives.

That's alright, to each his own. I don't really like an RP with a game system, I care more about the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back