The Cleansing of Eldor [idea]

Heartsteal

That guy who's not around much right now
The world of Eldor is not a world that most would be able to identify with. The surface has been largely conquered by the orcs, an industrious people without the ability to commune with the magical elements of the world around them. While orcs cannot use magic, they've dominated anything that stood in their way through a combination of ever-advancing technology, and brute force granted to them by birth. Naturally larger and stronger than humans, and of equal intelligence, the orcs went about conquering their smaller neighbours; in the worst of cases keeping them as little more than pets. Of course there are other creatures abound in Eldor, they just prefer not to show their faces. Elves live in nature-loving tribes along the mainland's shoreline in their dense rainforests. In recent years, the orc population has expanded to the point that they were forced to reach out beyond their home in the plains and deserts. Accustomed to their city-states, the orcs began to encroach upon the seas as well; cutting down many-a-tree making space for their growing population. Even going so far as the mountainous regions of the north and west, the orcs collapsed dwarven tunnels to level cliffs and plateaus, needing level ground for their new homes. Dwarves chose a life of isolation, living deep beneath the earth's surface to escape it's greedy inhabitants. The short people, with hearty greed of their own, wished to protect their treasures from prying eyes, and forsook the sunlight to do so.

Humans kept alive as second-class citizens and slaves, the elves being robbed of their homes, and the dwarves killed in them; the world's inhabitants have a growing need to turn on the orcs, but how will they find the will to work together, and how will they topple the mighty greenskin empire?

Inhabitants of Eldor:

Orcs: Orcs, stand at near eight feet tall as an average, and are heavily muscled by nature. Despite their imposing frame, they prove uncharacteristically intelligent, and while lacking the ability to use magic, they are prime physical specimens, and are the most technologically advanced species in all of Eldor.

View attachment 3202View attachment 3203

Humans: Humans, prove to be inferior to orcs in near every way. Smaller and weaker by nature, and lacking the resources to learn, they become second class citizens to their green skinned neighbours, and often live their lives as labour or pleasure slaves. The one edge humans have over orcs, is their ability to use magic, and their unremarkability as a whole.

View attachment 3204View attachment 3205

Elves: Elves, are lithe beings of nature, standing about the same height as humans, but far more slender. Elves often decide to take spirits of nature upon themselves and become dryads, partially melding with the natural world. The knife-eared jungle-folk, have proven to be the greatest magic-wielders the world over.

View attachment 3206View attachment 3207View attachment 3208

Dwarves: Dwarves have shown time and again, to be the most stubborn, tough things on the planet. The diminutive height of their people should not convince one that they are incapable in battle, and often shrug off all but the most grievous of wounds with a combination of fortitude, and determination.

View attachment 3209

Other Pages:

Info and OOC

Signup and rules

So questions

I know the dwarfs are hermits or whatev but does that mean they necessarily don't get along with everyone else?

Along with every other group, do they get along? or?

Plus, do we get to play as orcs?

I think that may be it...

Dwarves live underground because they don't trust the other races; they want to be sure that no one will steal their treasures, so they willingly chose to seclude themselves underground.

Elves don't like anyone that abuses the natural world, so they quite dislike humans and orcs. Dwarves they remain relatively indifferent about. Humans don't like orcs, but are willing to work with elves or dwarves to further their own goals. Like I said a moment ago, dwarves just have trust issues.

I may allow a select group to play as orcs if we get enough interest, but it's not something that just anyone can apply as.

Now that some interest is actually showing up, I'm going to start the signup. I'll include the rules there as well.

Ive been a member for a week or so now and have been looking for a new rp to join. This is just what Ive been looking for so count me in.

Well, the rp has just started, it's under the fantasy section.

The rules and signup, as well as some extra info are linked from the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back